• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Moon Stone?

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2022
    Hey guys,

I'm currently playing Shining Pearl and I have a Cleffa in my team, and I have spend HOURS trying to find a moon stone in the Grand Underground and I've caught over 400 Cleffa's and Clefairy's and found nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone have any tips for me? :((

Years
  • Do you have a Pokemon with Super Luck?
    I'd highly recommend one.

Super Luck

Overworld Effect:
    If the Pokémon is in the lead spot, chance of encountering a wild Pokémon holding an item increases.

Basically you have a higher chance of the wild mon holding something with a Super Luck party lead ^.^
    I'd also recomend having the mon hold nothing and teaching it Thief. Even if you faint the wild mon in 1 hit, it will still steal the item if it has any.
    Saves you having to buy catching balls over & over. Just don't forget to remove the item after the fight! (it won't steal an item if it already has one)

Also I personally used Lunatone for this, because I knew a hideaway where it spawned frequently and figured I'd be able to find more/faster than with Clefairy.
    Took me pretty much an entire evening WITH a Super Luck Honchkrow to grind for 3 Moon stones... (I already had 2 from digging)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2022
    Do you have a Pokemon with Super Luck?
    I'd highly recommend one.

Basically you have a higher chance of the wild mon holding something with a Super Luck party lead ^.^
    I'd also recomend having the mon hold nothing and teaching it Thief. Even if you faint the wild mon in 1 hit, it will still steal the item if it has any.
    Saves you having to buy catching balls over & over. Just don't forget to remove the item after the fight! (it won't steal an item if it already has one)

Also I personally used Lunatone for this, because I knew a hideaway where it spawned frequently and figured I'd be able to find more/faster than with Clefairy.
    Took me pretty much an entire evening WITH a Super Luck Honchkrow to grind for 3 Moon stones... (I already had 2 from digging)

Hiya, I don't have a pokemon with super luck.. Honchkrow doesn't spawn in this version of the game and Absol only appears post game T^T Do you know if there is another pokemon with this ability by any chance? And I'll def try your thief and Lunatone tips to see if they work for me, big thanks!

Years
  • Hiya, I don't have a pokemon with super luck.. Honchkrow doesn't spawn in this version of the game and Absol only appears post game T^T Do you know if there is another pokemon with this ability by any chance? And I'll def try your thief and Lunatone tips to see if they work for me, big thanks!

The Togepi line can have it as their HA, but that's gonna be even harder to get lol

Anyway, Absol is not Nat Dex. I caught one in the Underground when I had 5 or 6 badges.
    Your best bets for an Absol are:
    -Big Bluff Cavern
    -Grassland Cave

In both cases it's a Rare Spawn with a 20% chance according to serebii.
    If you clicked the link you can see Absol does become more frequent when you have the Nat. Dex, but the spawns/encounters labeled Rare Spawn do not require Nat Dex.

ObsidianTheCrusader

Your Chaotic Affectionate!
    Years
  • This probably isn't that helpful, but Compound Eyes also works, if you can get your hands on a Nincada or Venonat via trade. That said, I DID catch an Absol before the Elite 4. It rarely appears in one of those small, crystal-laden hideaways underground

Back