• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music your end of 2019 lists

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    what were some of your favourite albums / songs of the year?? Be as detailed or brief as you like!! I'm still figuring out my list as theres some releases left I wanna hear...

Years
  • I didn't really listen to many new albums this year, but rather discovered new music from the past few years that I missed. That said, my #1 this year was Lover by Taylor Swift, and I also enjoyed Coldplay's Everyday Life and Bruce Springsteen's Western Stars.

The same is true for songs, but I think I listened to enough new stuff to come up with a list. Here's my top 10 for 2019 releases:
    Spoiler:

I think it'll be interesting to look back on this in the future, too. Like I said, I listened to so much older stuff (and by older I don't mean REALLY old, I'm talking the 2014-2018 range) that it really changed my list. For example, with the exception of one song, my favorite songs from 2017 now are all different from my favorite songs of 2017 in 2017. Still, I definitely found some new favorites this year (for example, Zara Larsson is now my favorite artist, but I'd never even heard of her before late 2018)

Hopefully 2020 brings more awesome music!

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • This was a weird year, to say the least. I discovered that I had taken a liking to some sorts of 'extreme' music and that at times I was keenly listening to some folk music. It was a mixed bag, unlike last year's "uniform" tastes. The above list is wonderful and I have some memories with Coldplay, but this year, not so much. And "It's Nice To Have A Friend" by Taylor Swift was a nice listen too! Well, here comes my list, but note that these songs mightn't have been produced/published this year, rather I discovered them this year!
    Spoiler:

The thing is, I wasn't aware of most of these before 2019, so there's no way I'd have any idea about who's releasing what and when! Few of these pieces of art were released this year, though, so they've been boldened and italicised to mark the difference. The first album was released at the end of 2018, but that still doesn't count hehe.

Last edited:

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • This year I mostly listened to stuff from older years, and even in my top 10 of albums released this year from most of them actually there are many songs I like, but there are few albums I'd frequently listen to in their entirety. I had posted my top albums of the decade in another thread, and here are my top albums of 2019:
    1. This World Is Too _____ For You - Emily Wells
    2. Immigrance - Snarky Puppy
    3. Africa Speaks - Santana
    4. Return to Us - The Lilac Time
    5. In Cauda Venenum - Opeth
    6. Norman F'''ng Rockwell! - Lana Del Rey
    7. Lost Girls - Bat For Lashes
    8. DSVII - M83
    9. When we all fall asleep, where do we go? - Billie Eilish
    10. Dark Timber - Poems for Laila

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    just gonna leave it at 10 lol

songs
    1. caroline polachek - door
    2. 100 gecs - toothless
    3. 100 gecs - 800db cloud
    4. ecco2k - peroxide
    5. ecco2k, bladee, & thaiboy digital - you lose
    6. charli xcx - next level charli
    7. hannah diamond - love goes on
    8. ecco2k - calcium
    9. 100 gecs - gec 2 ü
    10. fka twigs - cellophane

albums
    1. 100 gecs - 1000 gecs
    2. hannah diamond - reflections
    3. ecco2k - e
    4. fka twigs - magdalene
    5. thaiboy digital, bladee & ecco2k - trash island
    6. charli xcx - charli
    7. 100 gecs - mine gala 2019
    8. caroline polachek - pang
    9. carly rae jepsen - dedicated
    10. thaiboy digital - legendary member

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Im not insane so I couldn't possibly do songs (cay I am dragging you) but here's my top 10 albums

#10: Marina - Love + Fear
    #09: Friendly Fires - Inflorescent
    #08: Maggie Rogers - Heard It in a Past Life
    #07: Sigrid - Sucker Punch
    #06: Lizzo - Cuz I Love You
    #05: Harry Styles - Fine Line
    #04: Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated
    #03: Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!
    #02: FKA twigs - Magdalene
    #01: Tinashe - Songs For You

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • In 2019, there were Coldplay - Everyday life, As I lay dying - Shaped by fire, and Liam Payne - LP1.

Back