• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen!?!

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    you already posted this you could of asked them to move it

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • Nonono. The mainstream Pokemon games should never go 3D. Ever. Although they most likely will, which will suck quite a bit.

Obviously new Pokemon = new game. And new Pokemon = a very good thing, to the person who complained about it above^.

Winter2424242

Androgynous Role-Player
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jun 19, 2005
    Why should they never go 3D? Personally, I think that might make the games have a new feel, a little more interesting. Puzzles might become a little bit more challenging, and for people who are very much into the game, a little added realism isn't such a bad thing.

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • If pokmon was on the ds should be just like normal, apart from the battles, that are 3d (like stadium). On the top screen you can have your team (like the pokemon sub menu on gba). It should have morning/day/night and days (like tuesday) again, and posibally the phone back (coz of the wireless capabilities of the ds) Also, yeah, i hope that more news comes out for the 4th gen ^_^ but we can only wait :(

Seoul

diiirr!
    Years
  • funny. I was remembering the idea of a fourth gen just tonight.
    I wouldnt mind a 3d poke game myself, although im not very good at 3d and dont have any of the more modern game consoles other than GBA. N64 is obviously.. 'dead'.

I dont know if id like the prospect of a fourth gen. The third gen was rather disappointing frankly, to me. I just like the first gen. the second was a neat addition. But now, you know whatll happen.. same old rush of merchandise and new things to collect.
    But meh. What the marketers/game designers do is up to them. Im a bit curious as to what this fourth gen could supply us with.
    the one sample poke existing from the fourth gen isnt very excitable. o.o

raveberuk

a.k.a DoDoMaStEr
    Years
  • If there are new batch of pokemon being created........ IT WOULD BE SO HARD TO CATCH'EM ALL!!! :laugh:

I hope they will create a new version of game soon... :disappoin *I am getting bored with Fire Red!* :'( I hope they dont make anothre remake, :\ e.g. Pokemon Thunder Yellow, Pokemon Golden Sun :confused: , Pokemon Silver Sky :confused:,............... you know what I mean :dead: .

I seriously think that they should create a whole new region and whole new pokemon, unrelated to the previous games......... :chinese: That might be bad idea for some people but thinking of it........ :surprised ....don't you feel that its all getting boring if the pokemon are always the same?

I also think that they should also change the battle mode because seeing your pokemon's back while fighting is not very interesting. They should have included movements in pokemon while fighting ( a bit like pokemon gold/silver/crystal). I prefer battle style like in most RPG games like Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, Breath of Fire, etc.

ALL THIS MIGHT SOUND IRRELEVANT TO THE TOPIC :confused: :confused: :confused: AND I am sorry if my comment was offensive to some people............. :classic:

Anyway.........................Bye for now

Rave :sleeping:

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • Winter said:
    Why should they never go 3D? Personally, I think that might make the games have a new feel, a little more interesting. Puzzles might become a little bit more challenging, and for people who are very much into the game, a little added realism isn't such a bad thing.

Because it just shouldn't. The story mode on Colosseum wasn't exactly mind blowing, and that was just a taster of how a 3D Pokemon game could work out. I just prefer things to stay in their original state.

Besides, a 3D Pokemon game would pretty much put an end to the Stadium/Colosseum series. The greatness of seeing your team reproduced in full 3D on your TV would be no more.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • 3D takes too long with all the Pokemon doing this over-dramatic dance every time they get hurt. It works in Stadium because it has no story (didn't play the GNC one, collosseum sp?), but if the game were 3D and you're training your Pokemon, I'd get sick of seeing them flail and dance around eventually.

Onto the subject, a new Pokemon generation always excites me... I am still awaiting my dark/fighting type... but they always make the teaser Pokemon a sissy little unevolved ugly thing.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    POkemon can go 3D if they want it to, long as they don't make it into cartoon 3D like that one Zelda game...the wind waker I think.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • Cartoon cell-shading wuouldn't be good for most games, but it was good for that paticular zelda game(see rant below) But colloseum was mainly intended to be the equivalent of pokemon stadium 3, though it would still retain the name of colloseum, yet once they finished, they realized there just wasn't enough to it, so they did their best to make a rushed story mode, and made pokemon obtainable in it, rather than have the whole game be a battle mode with pokemon presented as prizes. I think that in depth things, such as day/night and days, perhaps even date (month, year, ect.) would be good, but with the advanced features of FR/LG (probably some new ones too) and the graphics of pokemon colloseum, or pokemon stadium 2 if it's on the DS.

[RANT] The zelda games (especially the n64 ones) were begining to become boring, with the same type of graphics, (same type, as in artistic style, not detail) and almost exact kinds of gameplay. It was beginning to lose its popularity, so they made something fresh, something that can still produce a menacing bad guy, but had fresh, bright appeal, including a major revamp of gameplay, thus, more of a tactical manuver for the entire zelda series than a single descision of a game's look. [/RANT]

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • I would actually prefer cel-shading on a Pokemon game. The collo-whatever graphics were awful, they looked just like the N64 models. cel-shading is neat looking in my opinion and it'd be easier to make the Pokemon have expressions.

Seoul

diiirr!
    Years
  • it just occured to me just how funky the 'windwaker' style would look on a poke game. I think it would be quite suiting and help move along a really authentic cartoony style like the pokes originally are. Its a gorgeous style in itself. The scenery would be full and lush and easy to see.
    .. Im kinda looking forward to that now.. O.o
    But whatever they do.. they do.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • Some CGN games have used Anim?-style graphics. No, not the low FPS values, just the drawing style. The graphics are fluid. Perhaps this would fit well with a Pok?mon game.

Back