• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Weird Glitch in my Emerald Rom Hack

Blakboxx

New Guy
Years
  • Help!

So I started this Rom Hacking project about a week ago. Everything had been going fine as I made changes to the Rom using Pokemon Game Editor 3.5 (By Gamer2020) and HTE (By esperance). Then, today, the latest version of the file I tried to play test got stuck at the image attached. Concerned I looked into patching the game. Despite my best efforts, this is still happening in the most recent, patched version of the Rom.

Here's what I can tell you: The music still played and the trainer sprite was still walking, so I know it wasn't frozen or crashed. In addition, I am almost certain that it is direct correlation with me adding more Pokemon to trainers in the game. The reason I believe this is because I made a couple of small changes regarding Pokemon types and level up moves, but most of the changes I made before deciding to test the Rom again had to do with all of the GRUNT trainers (I bumped up almost all of them to teams of 2 or 3). I had done this with a few other trainers in the game in prior versions of the Rom Hack, but nothing had gone wrong.

So here's my question: Does anyone know how I can fix this? I figure reducing the grunts to their old team sizes may do the trick, but I really hope that isn't the case. Since I want to make the game a more challenging and diverse version of Emerald, I would like to have the ability to actually change things without the game freaking out. Any ideas or help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• Pokemon Emerald Hack_1506723080892.png
      Pokemon Emerald Hack_1506723080892.png
      2.2 KB · Views: 9
    Last edited:

Blakboxx

New Guy
    Years
  • Update: I was happy to find a Rom Expander in the Pokemon Game Editor 3.5... but it did nothing to fix my issue. I'm beginning to think I may just have a bad Rom? I will export all of the changes and attempt to input them into a new Rom file and go from there.

Blakboxx

New Guy
    Years
  • Update: I decided to export all the changes I had made and try and import them to a new, clean Rom that I preemptively expanded. I am about halfway done importing all the changes, and so far the issue is fixed! Despite no one being able to offer me help on this, I am glad I was able to log this issue and use it as a learning experience.

Back