• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Glitched Battle Transition in Fire Red Hack

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Hiya. So I'm in the process of making a personal Fire Red hack. Nothing crazy, so far I've only really messed with moves, a few Pokemon sprites, movesets and stats, trainers, etc. I haven't done any scripting yet or made any major changes to the graphics other than replace a few the of vanilla FR sprites with Gen 5 variants.

With that said, I've encountered a weird graphics bug that just randomly appeared when I started play testing. One of the normal battle transitions has this weird texture bug. As you can see in this pic here:

CwRWYgM.png

The normal black lines are replaced with some weird texture that I can't really seem to tell what it is. Fortunately it seems to be a harmless graphics bug and doesn't crash the game or anything, but it's kinda off putting and I would like to try to fix it if possible. Like I said I haven't done anything crazy with my rom editing wise, and I've only used the standard run of the mill hacking programs such as Hopeless Trainer Editor, Gen III Hacking Suite, G3T, Advanced Map, FSF, etc. I haven't messed around with any of the game's hex w/o a program because I have very minimal knowledge on hex editing myself.

If someone could give me some advice that could potentially allow me to fix this problem, that would be great. Unfortunately other than telling you what programs I used, I can't really pinpoint exactly how this happened, as I just started play testing recently, and didn't play test at any other point. As I've said, most of my rom editing has been pretty basic. I can't imagine how I messed up the animation/graphics table since I haven't touched them.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
    Years
  • You should go into unLZ.gba, and look for the battle transitions. They should be at the 1000s, maybe higher. Then go into a normal Fire Red ROM and look at the same picture. If the image and/or palette is different in the glitched ROM, try replacing it with the vanilla one.

Hope I helped, Komodo.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    You should go into unLZ.gba, and look for the battle transitions. They should be at the 1000s, maybe higher. Then go into a normal Fire Red ROM and look at the same picture. If the image and/or palette is different in the glitched ROM, try replacing it with the vanilla one.

Hope I helped, Komodo.

Hey so I just decided to start over from an earlier backup that's wasn't glitched considering that there was a chance I might have over written more than just that, but thanks a lot for the the help! I'll defintely keep that in mind for next time!

Years
  • Hey so I just decided to start over from an earlier backup that's wasn't glitched considering that there was a chance I might have over written more than just that, but thanks a lot for the the help! I'll defintely keep that in mind for next time!
    No problem, I'm here to help.

Back