• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Red crashes after importing song via Sappy

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2019
    Hiya, I'm having difficulties getting my songs into GBA games using Sappy. In Ruby, the songs don't display at all, in Emerald the app crashes after I cook in the song, and in Fire Red I can import into Sappy, but the Rom itself starts to crash whenever I go into Pallet Town.

Is this a common issue and how do i rectify it? Any help is greatly appreciated :)

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
    Years
  • Make sure that you're using Sappy 2006 mod 17.1. This is the version of Sappy that doesn't crash (at least for me, and also make sure that there are no opened programs/tools using the ROM, such as AdvancedMap)

For the Ruby issue (if you're using the 1.1 version of the ROM), this is because the songtable included in the Sappy.xml file is for 1.0, not 1.1. To change this, open sappy.xml in notepad++, search for (Ctrl+F) "Ruby", change the songtable value to "0x4554A0", and save. This should fix the songs not being displayed.

Back