• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Gen III (R/S/E/FR/LG) newbie hacker questions

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2024
Long time no see,

I wish to hack all Gen III GBA games with a feature that allows all 386 Pokemon to be caught and all items obtainable, but I still have a few questions about this...

1 - How do I edit shops to make them sell Secret Base decorations such as Lotad Doll in Ruby or Red Tent in Sapphire? (R/S/E only)

2 - Can a Ball`s catch rate be edited? There`s one I wanna make like a Master Ball, but I have no clue how... I have seen a tutorial, but it is for Gen IV only :/

3 - Is it possible to obtain the National Dex when you receive it at the beginning of the game (R/S/E) and prevents unwanted events from occuring? (FR/LG)

4 - Could it be possible to unlock ALL islands such as Southern Island, Navel Rock, Birth Island and Faraway Island in the ferry just by having the right ticket in your Bag?

5 - Is it possible to create an event giving you some Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Deoxys eggs to bypass disobedience in FR/LG?

That is all I need to ask, as I know how to do the other steps pretty well.

RDNNHDA2

SGB Border Artist
Years
Long time no see,

I wish to hack all Gen III GBA games with a feature that allows all 386 Pokemon to be caught and all items obtainable, but I still have a few questions about this...

1 - How do I edit shops to make them sell Secret Base decorations such as Lotad Doll in Ruby or Red Tent in Sapphire? (R/S/E only)

2 - Can a Ball`s catch rate be edited? There`s one I wanna make like a Master Ball, but I have no clue how... I have seen a tutorial, but it is for Gen IV only :/

3 - Is it possible to obtain the National Dex when you receive it at the beginning of the game (R/S/E) and prevents unwanted events from occuring? (FR/LG)

4 - Could it be possible to unlock ALL islands such as Southern Island, Navel Rock, Birth Island and Faraway Island in the ferry just by having the right ticket in your Bag?

5 - Is it possible to create an event giving you some Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Deoxys eggs to bypass disobedience in FR/LG?

Hey Nitro!

I haven't gotten FAR in R/S/E hacking, but I DO know a bit about FR/LG hacking. So maybe I can help you a bit. :)

1 - There's probably editors for that.

2 - Maybe hex-edit.(?)

3 - In Fire Red and Leaf Green, there are tutorials for script editing that can give you items, Pokémon, events, etc. Since Fire Red and Leaf Green were built on top of Ruby and Sapphire, you can also get it working for the main series Gen 3 games as well. (Including Emerald.) The tools used are XSE, Free Space Finder and Advance Map 1.92. If you find a tutorial, you can figure out how to use them.

4 - Hex-edit again.(?)

5 - As mentioned in step 3, XSE, Free Space Finder and Advance Map 1.92 can help a LOT with this. For the egg part, though, I think there is a way to change the game's code, so they can obey you without question.

Good luck with your hack series! :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2024
I discovered that by researching items that can be bought in Slateport City via A-Map, that each normal item in the game corresponds to a decoration. Here is what I found so far that cannot be bought in-game:

Pretty Desk - NETBALL
Pretty Chair - POTION
Red Tent - ENERGYROOT
Blue Tent - HEALPOWDER

Others are unknown for now, so I will post a full list once I am done. ;)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 17, 2021
Long time no see,

1 - pop into xse or pksv-ui
Screenshot (47).png
(above) fortree deco shop
(below) rustboro pokemart
Screenshot (52).png

4 - nope, just tried it, doesn't work (not even if you've beaten the elite 4 and champ)
[edit] I recall seeing somewhere that the tickets each have flags assigned to them

[edit] found a flaglist for emerald
(can't post links yet so... here's all the relevant ones I could find)

0x1A3 : Player has used Eon Ticket before
0x1AC : cleared champion record room, set birth island
0x1AD : Player has battled Deoxys
0x1AF : Player has used Aurora Ticket before
0x1B0 : Player has used Old Sea Map before
0x1C7 : cleared champion record room, set faraway island
0x1C8 : cleared champion record room, set southern island encounter
0x1C9 : Player has encountered Lati Southern Island
0x1CA : Player has battled Mew
0x1DB : Player has used Mystic Ticket before
0x1DC : cleared champion record room, set navel rock ho-oh
0x1DD : cleared champion record room, set navel rock lugia
0x2CE : Mew Faraway Island OW
0x2FB : Deoxys Birth Island OW
0x2FC : Triangle Birth Island OW
0x320 : Lugia Navel Rock OW
0x321 : Ho-oh Navel Rock OW
x38E : Lati #1 Southern Island OW
0x38F : Lati #2 Southern Island OW
0x8B3 : Activates Eon Ticket
0x8D4 : cleared birth island
0x8D5 : Activates Aurora Ticket
0x8D6 : Activates Old Sea Map
0x8D8 : set entering faraway island
0x8E0 : Activates Mystic Ticket, checked gamblers Battle Frontier, checked scott Battle Frontier
0x8E1 : set entering naval rock

5 - excerpt from the togepi egg script in firered
Screenshot (53).png

Last edited:
Back