• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Carpe Fulgur (Chantelise, Recettear, Fortune Summoners, etc.)

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
Years
  • This is the thread for discussion of all games translated by Carpe Fulgur, including games by EasyGameStation, such as Recettear, Chantelise, and their next project, Fortune Summoners.

Now, I'm well aware that we already have a Recettear thread, but I figured I'd make one for CF to be an umbrella thread for all their games.

7/25
    The Chantelise Demo has been released! The full version will be released on their usual distribution services on Friday, July 29th!

7/29
    Chantelise has been released on Steam and GamersGate! From now until August 5th, Steam is offering 10% of the $9.99 price, making it $8.99.

Also, if you've come here because of Recettear, then I urge you to download the Chantelise demo. It isn't an item shop game, and was made earlier than Recettear, but... it's still an enjoyable demo and, hopefully, and enjoyable game.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I played Recettear and loved it but I didn't get very far in the Chantelise demo before saving and, telling myself I'd continue later (but knowing full-well I probably wouldn't), quitting. :( I guess my favourite part of Recettear wasn't the battle system in any capacity (in fact, I rather disliked going into the dungeons) so seeing that fleshed out didn't interest me at all and since the story wasn't really a strong point in Recettear, I didn't expect much from the plot I got in the intro for Chantelise. But I love what they're doing and think it's important to support them so I do intend to get the game eventually, just not right away.

But now that it's been released, I'd be interested in hearing if it's good. I'm probably easily swayed, haha.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • First impression:

This game is hard.

Okay, so it's not the hardest thing ever. But compared to Recettear?

I die. A lot. Argh.

And, for those of you that've played Recettear, imagine the boss fight with Charme.

That's the first boss.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • ...desire to buy it plummeting. :( Omg I wasn't even decent at the demo, nevermind actual battles.

/shivers with dread at the memory of the Charme fight in Recettear

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Yeah, "Imagine if you had to fight Charme" is being said fairly frequently.

But, yes. Chantelise is hard. Very hard. I spent a few hours banging my head against a wall in masochisticness.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Chantelise isn't that hard. The problem is that the initially difficulty of the game needs to be tweaked.

Once you get a bit further in the game and start leveling up then the game becomes much easier than you'd think.

Back