• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Fakemon Pokédex

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 2, 2021
    Hey guys!

I'm starting a project to design a full Pokédex of custom-design Pokémon. This is going to be an ongoing project, so I'll be adding to this post as I complete more drawings.

I hope you enjoy, and I'd love your feedback! :)

Pokédex:

Tapyre, Ashorn and Volceros:

#1 Tapyre [Fire]
    The Dormant Pokémon

#2 Ashorn [Fire]
    The Flow Pokémon

#3 Volceros [Fire/Rock]
    The Erupting Pokémon

Spoiler:

Chickpea, Peatel and Peaflower:

#4 Chickpea [Grass]
    The Chick Pokémon

#5 Peatel [Grass]
    The Bush Pokémon

#6 Peaflower [Grass/Flying]
    The Decorative Pokémon

Spoiler:

Calfite, Knightide and Honorwhal:

#7 Calfite [Water]
    The Unarmed Pokémon

#8 Knightide [Water]
    The Sword Pokémon

#9 Honorwhal [Water/Fighting]
    The Justice Pokémon

Spoiler:

---

Last edited:

SkySilvally

♡ Worry's only wasted time ♡
    Years
  • Hi! First I want to wish you the best finishing this dex. I started working on spriting a full dex about 2 years ago and still I'm nowhere close. It takes lots of determination, but I'm sure you can finish it :D
    Now, I love their designs! I like the transition from dormant to active volcano! They are a bit flat though, maybe try adding a few shadows? :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 2, 2021
    Wow this is really interesting..any more?

Yeah, I'm currently colouring in the grass starter line, and sketching out the water starter line! :D Should have the grass starter up in a few days :)

Hi! First I want to wish you the best finishing this dex. I started working on spriting a full dex about 2 years ago and still I'm nowhere close. It takes lots of determination, but I'm sure you can finish it :D
    Now, I love their designs! I like the transition from dormant to active volcano! They are a bit flat though, maybe try adding a few shadows? :)

Thanks for your feedback! :)
    I'm glad you like the design. I was focusing on the design more than the art. I'll go back and add shading when I get a bit more time :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2019
    Good decision on making the Fire starter line a quadruped. I've grown tired of bipeds. :-/

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2019
    Thanks! I was super disappointed that litten's final evolution became bipedal. They definitely need a non-bipedal fire starter next :)

Agreed.

I would love to see a (usable) defensive Fire type for once. It's a shame that those 6 glorious resistances get wasted on frail sweepers....

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 2, 2021
    Thank you everyone for your feedback and comments! Just finished on the grass starter :)

#4 Chickpea [Grass]
    The Chick Pokémon

#5 Peatel [Grass]
    The Bush Pokémon

The Decorative Pokémon

Spoiler:

---

Years
  • Thank you everyone for your feedback and comments! Just finished on the grass starter :)

#4 Chickpea [Grass]
    The Chick Pokémon

#5 Peatel [Grass]
    The Bush Pokémon

The Decorative Pokémon

Spoiler:

---

Great second design, the leaf reminds me of chikorita....maybe it's because I'm playing Pokemon crystal right now and my rival has chikorita

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 2, 2021
    Great second design, the leaf reminds me of chikorita....maybe it's because I'm playing Pokemon crystal right now and my rival has chikorita

Thanks for the feedback! :D I can see the resemblance haha!

---

I managed to finish off the starters today! Hope you like them :)

Calfite, Knightide and Honorwhal:

#7 Calfite [Water]
    The Unarmed Pokémon

#8 Knightide [Water]
    The Sword Pokémon

#9 Honorwhal [Water/Fighting]
    The Justice Pokémon

Spoiler:

---

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2021
    Wow! Please keep working on these Pokemon! I would love to show them off on my channel when more of the mart made! :)

One suggestion (if you haven't done this already) is to make Pokedex Entries for them!

Back