• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Is it worth buying?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    You get a celebi iirc, + it's just nice to have since there's no battery to run dry and it's on 3ds which is convienent.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    ^That, and it's just €10/$12. I don't know about your area, but if I were to buy a cartridge GSC in my area, I would pay at least €20 because those things have become collectibles. You also get to send your Pokémon over to the newer generations, which is impossible with the cartridges. Overall it's a much better buy.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    All the above and the fact that G/S are the coolest games (aside from Crystal). While there are no additional perks than what has been mentioned - why deprive yourself of a childhood classic when you can relive it all over again and have the experience here with all of us? :) Or you can just play original G/S and put together a travel journal here in this section, totally up to you. Personally think it is worth it though for the portability sense... you don't have to carry around your Game Boy/Game Boy Advance. You can just grab your 3DS and even carry another 3DS game at the same time when you get sick of grinding. Makes life suuuper easy! :)

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • All the above and the fact that G/S are the coolest games (aside from Crystal). While there are no additional perks than what has been mentioned - why deprive yourself of a childhood classic when you can relive it all over again and have the experience here with all of us? :) Or you can just play original G/S and put together a travel journal here in this section, totally up to you. Personally think it is worth it though for the portability sense... you don't have to carry around your Game Boy/Game Boy Advance. You can just grab your 3DS and even carry another 3DS game at the same time when you get sick of grinding. Makes life suuuper easy! :)

I found g/s boring on Jhoto side. For me it didn't get good till badge 7

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
    Years
  • All pokemon caught in Gen. I and II games transfer with their Hidden Abilities...

So you can catch Multiscale Lugia, Regenerator Ho-Oh, and the 3 HA Legendary Beasts...They were previously only available from special events...

Also, a lot of people are farming shinies in the game, because of how much easier breeding for shinies was...You can also get Celebi via glitch but I don't know too much about the glitch...

These are mostly what I see people buying them for, but if you don't have a special attachment to these games, I don't think they're necessary for everyone...

Last edited:
    Back