• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Subversion of the Trope

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    I'm planning to make a short Pokemon game. Nothing too fancy; I just wanted to make one decent game and actually get it done. I can't go with the usual fakemons or even the usual 8-gym-badges quest. That will take too much time and energy anyway. So I want to know if this plot works:

"In the midst of Pokemon smuggling operation, a trapped eyewitness must fight her way out of the seemingly endless syndicate territory."

(tfw can't post images yet) One of the location is a hidden harbor used by smugglers to transport exotic pokemon. It's crowded with poachers. Always hide behind objects and use their blind spots; any eye contact will result in a battle for your life (instant game-over if you lose an ambush).

So yeah, I want to play with some of the Pokemon conventions. Tell me what you think of these:
    - Instead of choosing starter in a lab, the MC's situation is different. You have one Pokeball and three caged "starters".
    - You are not in a safe place. You can get caught. You can die when trying to survive by eating the wrong berry. With limited resources (no PC or Mart), the game adopts survival/strategy genre.
    - You can caught other Pokemon, too. Just make sure every ball counts.
    - "You get $100 for winning!" phrase now makes more sense. After all, you knocked them unconscious and steal their wallet (and belongings).
    - Once the plot is resolved, the game is finished.

Back