• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Platinum: Editing poketool/pokeanm_narc and pl_pokeanm.narc does nothing at all

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
Years
  • Yeah... nothing at all. I've even zeroed all the data in those files and the game runs as if I hadn't changed anything.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=258313
    It's worked to allow me to replace cries, but no matter what I do to pokeanm.narc and pl_pokeanm.narc, it has no effect.
    This INCLUDES using HxD to totally erase all the bytes, leaving me with a 0 kb file. Reinserting that into the rom and taking a look at the rom again with Tinke or NitroExplorer3 confirms without a shadow of a doubt that the file IS being edited. But even erasing all the data, the rom still runs fine in DeSmuME, and all of the animations are the same. They're also the same even after starting a new save.

So I'm totally lost. The steps I've followed all work, but the end result just is not there, and it seems nothing I do to those .narcs will influence any aspect of the rom at all.

Back