• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How could my evil team work?

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    I am currently coming up with an evil team and they are going to mostly use Dark, Ghost, and maybe Ice types because of the legendary (the legendary is not a true Ice type, it's pure Ghost, but it's an Ice type ability wise). However, you first encounter the evil team between the first and second gym, but the Ghost type area isn't until after the fourth gym and the Ice type area isn't until after the sixth gym. However, there are some Dark types that are obtainable before the first gym. How would I make the encounters with the evil team work if the areas where the types they use are later in the game?

Years
  • I am currently coming up with an evil team and they are going to mostly use Dark, Ghost, and maybe Ice types because of the legendary (the legendary is not a true Ice type, it's pure Ghost, but it's an Ice type ability wise). However, you first encounter the evil team between the first and second gym, but the Ghost type area isn't until after the fourth gym and the Ice type area isn't until after the sixth gym. However, there are some Dark types that are obtainable before the first gym. How would I make the encounters with the evil team work if the areas where the types they use are later in the game?

I think it would be cool that the evil team has ghost and ice pokemon before you can. As for the dark type issue maybe u could make a dark type area after the second gym.

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • Simple solution: make it so their base is located near the end. That would explain how they have access to those types before the player does.

Not-so-simple solution: scatter some Pokémon they use in different areas according to their secondary typing. Maybe make them have like a 5% chance of appearing or something if you want to make them harder to get.

Tbh though, I don't personally like type-based areas, although some types like Ice and Water unavoidably need them sometimes. Imo it feels more natural to the player when Pokémon are distributed in the wild based on their specifics rather than simply their type.

Back