• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Misc Engine] WEB DESIGN - Pokemon Day Care Fitbit

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
  • Hi everyone,
    I'm hoping some people will want to collaborate with me on a portfolio piece I'm making! I'm making a website where you get pokemon eggs and use your real life steps to hatch, level, and evolve them. That's the mvp (minimal viable product) - but I'm hoping to extend that functionality to allow for "races" against gym leaders and other users, and trading!

Looking for:
    I need a web designer to collaborate on this. Ideally, you'd know how to design web pages and implement those designs. We also need to take into account designs for web and mobile. I'm not too familiar with web design and how it works, but I think the base knowledge needs to be in HTML/CSS/JS/Bootstrap (in line with what is already in the project). If there's any fancy JS frameworks you want to experiment with to make something nice, this could be the time! You would collaborate with me to find a design we both like, and then bring it to life in our code! I am always happy to help in any way I can during these processes. (It also wouldn't hurt to be a pokemon fanatic like me )

Development Set Up:
    For ease of development and collaboration I've created a DevOps space where we have outstanding and current tasks, and repositories! I've also created policies on the code branches to make sure we never break anything past the point of no return
    I've documented how to develop using git and the project on the DevOps wiki, so we can develop simultaneously without any issue.
    If you work on this project with me you'll gain access to this space (I'll help if you are unfamiliar with it). Adding working with Azure DevOps and Source Control to your skills would also be a great portfolio booster!

Dev_Ops_Overview.png

Outcomes:
    The end goal is a website we host and can reference for our portfolios.
    Users can create accounts and login, and hatch and evolve Pokemon!
    That's the minimum viable product. However, I'm ambitious and want to extend that to include leader boards, races, and trading!
    (I'm aware hosting will cost money, I will absorb all those costs). So again, a great opportunity to practice your design skills!

About Me:
    My name is Adrian and I've been working professionally with C# for about 4 years! I'm a Pokemon fanatic, and made a site similar to this concept previously, but I want to try again now that I have more knowledge then I did before!

I'm trying to develop this as I would in a professional environment (ie the devops set up etc), but with a more casual mindset as this is just for fun! I think this is a great way to prove your skills in an emulation of a professional environment!
    If you're interested, please send me a private message with your previous work (if any)!

Back