• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] [Pokemon Essentials v18] Battle UI Questions

zedcoeur

Zed Coeur
Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2022
    Hey everyone!

Alright, so a few things I'm trying to do:

- Make the battle intro not show any of the battler windows (The windows that contain the battler name, hp, level, etc) until the command options show up
    - Make the battler windows and message box disappear as a move animation plays before reappearing
    - Make the player battler windows disappear when the message box is visible and vice versa
    - Have the exp bar for all pokemon move at the same time
    - Other stuff that Gens 5-8 do in their Battle UIs

I've managed to hide the message box whenever the ability splash shows up and the exp bar moves, but other than that, I'm lost on how to do the rest.

Thanks!

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, this time it's not straightforward, and you'll have to work a bit.
    Install this script.

You have the functions disappearDatabox / appearDatabox that allow you to control the battler info (it's called a data box). If you want all the battlers to be called before showing the data boxes, you should just set their visibility to false when the battle scene is created.
    As for the message box, you want to control @sprites["messageWindow"] and its visibility. You could take inspiration on the functions disappearDatabox / appearDatabox to make the message window disappear smoothly.
    And as for the exp bars filling at the same time, you'll have to work a looooot on it, because each databow fills its own exp bar. I don't know how you can synchronize them.

Back