• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Name Rater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Pokémon aren't tools. They are living beings. They deserved to be loved, they deserve to have a name other than their species. If you invite someone to a party, I can assure you they won't refer to you as "human." So don't Pokémon deserve nicknames too? You don't have to be creative yourself, thats why I am here!

Here is how I work. You post on this forum in the format below, and you will get 5-10 responds on nicknames. Feedback is appreciated too. The Name Rater is located inside the Camphrier Town Pokémon Center. Please note you cannot rename traded/event Pokémon.

Without further adieu, here is the format for a renaming.
    Spoiler:

Example Nicknames: Tepig = Pyropork | Squirtle = Ocean (if male) Shelly (if female) | Jirachi = Wish'd

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm really confused as to what this thread is about. Are you making a statement for Pokemon identification crisis? Rating the names of other users' Pokemon? Helping people figure out nicknames? Can you explain this better please?

Years
  • Possibly, I like creating nicknames for Pokémon. It calms me down. So I'd like to extend it outside of just my small circle of friends.

I nickname other peoples Pokémon, is a brief way to say it.

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    I would like to redo my team names, I like them but want to see if we can get any better names for them!

Here are the Pokemon and their current names:

Blaziken: Named Raiyuu
    Aerodactyl: Named Pazuzu
    Venusaur: Named Bruteroot
    Sylveon: Named Licorice
    Clawitzer: Named Flintlock
    Aegislash: Named Shadowstrike

I want names to make my team seem cute and fearless!

Years
  • I would like to redo my team names, I like them but want to see if we can get any better names for them!

Here are the Pokemon and their current names:

Blaziken: Named Raiyuu
    Aerodactyl: Named Pazuzu
    Venusaur: Named Bruteroot
    Sylveon: Named Licorice
    Clawitzer: Named Flintlock
    Aegislash: Named Shadowstrike

I want names to make my team seem cute and fearless!
    Blaziken:

ChickenKick
    Blazie
    HenRee
    Chickin
    Pyrokick

Aerodactyl:

Dino-Soar
    Rockfly
    Stonehenge
    Rocky
    Ironwing

Venusaur:

Nate Chure
    Sprout
    Ivy
    Grassie
    Flytrap

Sylveon:

Sparkles
    Mr/Mrs. Muffins
    Dolly
    Buddy
    Fairy Tail

Clawitzer:

LobsterStew
    Shrimpi
    Gripp'd
    Aquacrab
    FishyCrab

Aegislash:

ShadowBlade
    Shieldslasher
    MasterSword
    Bladie
    CarrotCutter

If you don't like the names, just tell me. Feedback is always appreciated, good or bad!

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    I like my names really for all of them except blaziken, but none of the ones you came up with really fit my style, i like ancient creature names and such if you couldnt tell with pazuzu (demon-like flying rocktype monster, fits him perfectly hehe)!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It's great that you want to help people with nicknames, but if people want help with that, there's always the Q&A thread for that. Also these names are...to be honest, not that creative. They're mainly puns or just stating the obvious which most people could do themselves, and I don't really think that's what most people are going to look for in a nickname anyway. :/ Plus, you didn't really take into account Sylvitar's name scheme (cute and fearless) so there's that. I'm going to have to lock this because it just...I don't really feel like it's going to work. I'm sorry.

Also, in the future, please refrain from using the [News] prefix, especially on a thread that isn't news. Thanks.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back