• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Win/Lose based script

__fred__40

fred
Years
Hi,for a while now I've been trying to make a script for Fire Red where if I lose I get a specific script(not just a simple msg,that can be done using trainerbattle 0x9 i know)but an entire different script I mean if you lose the battle you go right if you win you go left,simple as that.I know this is possible in Emerald because when you are in the battle tower and you lose you get a different script than the one you would get if you'd have won.
So how can I do it in Fire Red?Is there maybe an ASM routine out there for it?

EDIT:never edited a post this quickly but yeah,thx to Lunos on discord for giving me the simple and obvious yet brilliant idea of using 0x800D
trainerbattle 0x9 0x1 0x0 @msgwin @msglose
special 0x0
compare 0x800D 0x0 '=win
if 0x1 goto @win
compare 0x800D 0x1 '=lose
if 0x1 goto @lose

Last edited:

Sotireon

Strong pokemon. Weak Pokemon.
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Can you have the player lose a battle, and not black out? The game continues, you do not fight the trainer again, and you walk away normally? Basically like losing your first rival battle.

__fred__40

fred
Years
Can you have the player lose a battle, and not black out? The game continues, you do not fight the trainer again, and you walk away normally? Basically like losing your first rival battle.

On fire red(only) yes,use trainerbattle 0x9 and remembert to put special 0x0 right after it

Back