• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fly Poké Ball Animation

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    Fly Poké Ball Animation
    Current Version: 1.0

biT20Qs.gif

Adds Poké Ball opening and closing animations for using Fly like how it was done in FrLg.

----
    To use this, extract the resources into their respective folders, and place the script somewhere above Main.

-------
    Download:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aghic053xo0ilic/AADYHHITcm_tXRHlXpMWC_nBa?dl=0

-------
    Script:
    Spoiler:

Pastebin Mirror: https://pastebin.com/raw/h2fQ55Yt

-------
    Credits:
    KleinStudio for a few sections of the script and a couple of the ripped assets.
    Ulithium_Dragon for the rest.

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • I noticed into the GIF, while flying the trainer keeps into the wrong direction (direction 8 instead 4). Also, how can we improve putting the trainer to jump and sit into the air (like HGSS)?
    Great job, BTW!

Years
  • Works like a charm. Thx.

I was testing it and i noticed that the script doesn't support fan games with more than 2 protagonists. My game has a total of 8 = 4 boys and 4 girls. So, how can i add the others?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2023
    Awesome resource, I'm definitely going to add this into my fangame, thanks!

Fly Poké Ball Animation
    Current Version: 1.0

qBjTLAG.gif

Adds Poké Ball opening and closing animations for using Fly like how it was done in FrLg.

----
    To use this, extract the resources into their respective folders, and place the script somewhere above Main.

-------
    Download:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aghic053xo0ilic/AADYHHITcm_tXRHlXpMWC_nBa?dl=0

-------
    Script:
    Spoiler:

Pastebin Mirror: https://pastebin.com/raw/h2fQ55Yt

-------
    Credits:
    KleinStudio for a few sections of the script and a couple of the ripped assets.
    Ulithium_Dragon for the rest.

The Fly character graphics while surfing are way too small for Essentials. Can you provide a better graphics?

Oh, hmm. It appears I forgot to put the surf sprites back to their usual 200% resolution after editing them.

It should be fixed now, redownload the pack.

Ended up with the following mis-alignment. Can you somehow remove the surfbase in your script and change the x and y position of the sprite. (I am learning RUBY).

Also, there is a script error in line 20-
    Code:
    PokeballStartFileNameSurf
    should be
    Code:
    PokeballUseStartFileNameSurf

Attachments

• sprite error.gif
      sprite error.gif
      2.8 MB · Views: 11
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    Ended up with the following mis-alignment. Can you somehow remove the surfbase in your script and change the x and y position of the sprite. (I am learning RUBY).

Also, there is a script error in line 20-
    Code:
    PokeballStartFileNameSurf
    should be
    Code:
    PokeballUseStartFileNameSurf

If you're using PE v17+ then that might have something to do with it. I'm still on v16.2 and the surf sprite is combined, vs. in v17 it's seperated into a surf base, and the player sprite. For v17, it may just be easier to not use the surf sprite at all. Try replacing boy_surf_UsePokeball and girl_surf_UsePokeball with boy_UsePokeball and girl_UsePokeball.

Also If you really want to learn how to make fan games, I'd recommend learning some basic image editing skills. Resizing and repositioning sprites is incredibly easy to do, and you can find tutorials on how to do this all over the internet for any number of applicable programs (i.e. GIMP, Photoshop, Paint.net, Aseprite etc.).

If you're using PE v17+ then that might have something to do with it. I'm still on v16.2 and the surf sprite is combined, vs. in v17 it's seperated into a surf base, and the player sprite. For v17, it may just be easier to not use the surf sprite at all. Try replacing boy_surf_UsePokeball and girl_surf_UsePokeball with boy_UsePokeball and girl_UsePokeball.

Also If you really want to learn how to make fan games, I'd recommend learning some basic image editing skills. Resizing and repositioning sprites is incredibly easy to do, and you can find tutorials on how to do this all over the internet for any number of applicable programs (i.e. GIMP, Photoshop, Paint.net, Aseprite etc.).

Thank you for the recommendation. I use ASEprite and Photoshop and learning new things. I had tried the resizing in photoshop sometime before, but (my pc is old and i have very little space) resizing dont work. I had resized the sprites in MSPaint but the pixels were looking blurry. That is why I asked you since I thought you would have the orignal sprites.(you only made them).

I did what you said and everything is fine. Thank you for the help. Looking forward for FRLG Map scene.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Sorry to bother but after installation , ingame ( rpg maker test ) once use fly, near when it should pick up the player it pop this error message! Not sure what to do?

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    [Pokémon Essentials version 18.1]

Exception: NameError

Backtrace:

Fly_Script:211:in `pbFlyAnimation'

Fly_Script:173

Fly_Script:163:in `call'

Event_Handlers:140:in `trigger'

PField_FieldMoves:40:in `triggerUseMove'

PField_FieldMoves:55:in `pbUseHiddenMove'

PScreen_PauseMenu:183:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PScreen_PauseMenu:144:in `loop'

PScreen_PauseMenu:274:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

Scene_Map:107:in `call_menu'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Sorry to bother but after installation , ingame ( rpg maker test ) once use fly, near when it should pick up the player it pop this error message! Not sure what to do?

Pokemon Essentials

Exception: NameError

In the fly script, replace all instances of DEFAULTSCREENHEIGHT with SCREEN_HEIGHT.
    This is because this script was made for v17.2 and not for v18.1.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    In the fly script, replace all instances of DEFAULTSCREENHEIGHT with SCREEN_HEIGHT.
    This is because this script was made for v17.2 and not for v18.1.

Thanks ! Afterwards it pop me this :

Pokemon Essentials

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `moveOrigin' for #<PictureEx:0x11bd3698>

Backtrace:

Fly_Script:218:in `pbFlyAnimation'

Fly_Script:173

Fly_Script:163:in `call'

Event_Handlers:140:in `trigger'

PField_FieldMoves:40:in `triggerUseMove'

PField_FieldMoves:55:in `pbUseHiddenMove'

PScreen_PauseMenu:183:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PScreen_PauseMenu:144:in `loop'

PScreen_PauseMenu:274:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

Scene_Map:107:in `call_menu'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Thanks ! Afterwards it pop me this :

Pokemon Essentials

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `moveOrigin' for #<PictureEx:0x11bd3698>

Replace all instances of moveOrigin with setOrigin ^^"

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    ^^ Thanks ! Afterward it pop the widthscreen, did like the earlier step, all seems to work as intended but after the animation is over is stays on the same map with no caracther to be found neither interaction available. Im wondering if its now a random loop or else ?

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    ^^ Thanks ! Afterward it pop the widthscreen, did like the earlier step, all seems to work as intended but after the animation is over is stays on the same map with no caracther to be found neither interaction available. Im wondering if its now a random loop or else ?

Can you move your player character?
    If yes, then it's probably a question of "map refresh" missing around the end of the animation.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Can you move your player character?
    If yes, then it's probably a question of "map refresh" missing around the end of the animation.

Sadly i can't move, the animation goes all the way through (summon flyer, fly away) but then it stays to the current map & does'nt transit to the destination, no movement is possible, no acces to menu.

As for the destination id/position , its already dealt with, i've watched Thundaga tutorial about it, befor instaling the (pokeball fly animation), i could use fly and land where i intended to, however with this additional script, for now all seems to work, just not the end of it lets say ^^'.

Also ive tried the Fly animation on the surf sprite and has i though, it aswell outdated like you mentionned befor (v17.2). Nonetheless i'll focus on the ground fly befor getting to the surf one.
    Btw thanks for your help! Its greatky apreciated ^^ !

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    How could I make a custom animation for certain pokemon? Well I know how to modify the first animation of the "flybird" but the one of the character on top I'm still not sure how to modify it I'm new to scripts and I would really appreciate your help
    Plsss 🙏

Back