• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] (Advancemap, Fire Red) Problems with tiles showing up blue/green ingame

Aevera

Idea guy that decided to try to learn stuff
Years
  • I apologize in advance if this is something that's often posted, but I'm having a lot of trouble with finding any solution to this problem. I don't know whether a) no one else has this problem, b) it's really easily solved or c) I can't find with the search terms I use on google.

As the title might suggest; I'm having a bit of a problem in my 'development'.

I created a room in Advancemap and importing tiles and palettes worked all fine and dandy. The problem arose when I got ingame to test out my creation. To minimize the effort on my part, I already created an imgur album. (I couldn't get the images to size up properly; I'm not really good at posting on forums).

The imgur album in question is here.
    I added some 'flavor text' to help describe the problems I'm having. (I did however mix up the background bytes. Bottom line is: blocks with $20 become blue, those with $00 don't. Those with $00 appear above the player.)

As far as programs go, I use Paint and Photoshop to make the tiles. After this I use Irfanview to decrease the color depth (to 16 colors). Finally I use tileHelperAdvance to make a tileset and a palette, which I then import into Advancemap.

I should probably mention I use Advancemap 1.95 - I don't know if the problem relates to this, but I've heard and read it has quite a few bugs, but I figured it wouldn't be too groundbreaking. (I just like the extra features).

If you need more questions or pictures to help pinpoint, feel free to ask and I will try to reply as fast as I can.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: I tried doing it all over again (new ROM, new tileset, Advancemap 1.92 instead of 1.95, but the same thing still happens. Any block with the behavior byte of $20 becomes blue.

Edit 2: Fixed it. I had to have the first used tileset as 0 (should've been kind of obvious). Here's a picture for anyone having the same problem (incase my bad explanation wasn't enough).

Last edited:
    Back