• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Help with hacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2012
    Hello there Pokefans! I have a question; I really want to do a Staryu/Starmie only run in both fire red and ruby versions.But I want it to have standard moves from the beginning, i.e. i want it to have from the beginning thunderbolt,psychic,ice beam and surf.I know the game will be extremely easy that way,but starmie is my favourite pokemon(very beautiful and really powerful) and this is my ideal moveset.I know how to change the starter to a staryu,but i haven't found how to change the moveset in and out-of-battle(so that this moveset is seen not only during battle,but also recognized when i go to the ''pokemon'' menu in the overworld) Can this be done?
    Thanks in advance:) And please don't be cruel about what i want to do,i'm not doing this to test my strength,it's just like a dream to play the game this way^_^

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2012

thank you for the answers so far....i don't want to create a hacked rom,i just want to do so for my own personal play...i have searched countless hours for gameshark codes for move modifiers,but the only thing I found after COUNTLESS hours of search was codes to change the moves,but only IN-GAME....in the menu ''pokemon-stats'' in the overworld,it showed staryu's initial moves(tackle and harden) thus it didn't show the option to use its hm(surf)..and after i saved,the hacked moveset was gone even in-battle,so i had to keep the codes active all time i played the game...not convienent:/
    i'll try yape and if it works i'll post a reply...either way thanks for the reply:)

yeyyy i tried yape and it worked...thank you very much:D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back