• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Benefits of Competitive Battling

EB

Re: World
Years
  • Just thought I'd quote what hasn't really been questioned since I'm struggling with this, myself. It's already been posted in the QnA thread, but we all know how often that thread gets attention.

Can someone please explain to me the benefits of getting involved in the competitive battling scene? I'm hesitant to question the relevance of anything since most people consider it to be an insult or bash against said thing, but I assure you that this post is not to invoke such nonsense.

The reason I'm asking such a question is because I've done some thinking, but I really see no variety to award approaching such a scene. Granted I haven't immersed myself all that much, but it appears that the only changes ever made to the metagame are those that occur after every new release or the occasional discovered stratagem; I haven't seen signs of much, if any, fluctuation in team builds that would actually have a chance at pulling off wins. :cer_frown:

Is there some aspect of the competitive scene I'm not currently aware of? Am I wrong about the variety in team builds? Are there clutch outcomes outside of the game's influence, i.e. chance-moves?

Someone please prove me wrong. Pokémon has been something I upheld all the way through my teens, no matter how unpopular it became. I'd only praise the people who showed me it's relevance outside of a relaxed pastime.

So what are your thoughts?

Back