• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monster Reborn Challenge

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years

• Monster Reborn Challenge

Okay so after doing 2 Nuzlocke challenges I wanted to try an idea I had. It's so stressful losing a Pokemon within these challenges because there's literally no way to get them back. With this random challenge re-using some of the fallen is at least possible. Sorry if all these rules seem all over the place, tried making it as understandable as possible.
    Rules (edited)
    0. There is a Koffing (Dead box) and a Limbo (the chance to return) box. Before challenging a gym I may place a single "lost" mon from the Koffing box into the Limbo box. Only a Reborn Token can bring back said mon sitting in Limbo. Tokens are earned by Rule 1.

1. Tokens are earned by receiving a gym badge. Once that token is earned the single mon sitting in Limbo is brought back.

2. The challenge won't end if a "White Out" occurs and there are still mons in the Pc. If a "White Out" occurs from losing a gym battle the Reborn Token is lost forever (even after re-challenging that same gym). Which also means that the single mon who has been placed in the Limbo box earlier will be permantely banned from returning and will have to return to the Koffing box forever.

3. If a mon has been brought back before they can never be placed in Limbo ever again and are permanately gone. Mons who are permanately gone will have * placed next to their name to avoid confusion.

4. Finding or receiving a Revive (Max, Herb, or Sacred Ash) in the overworld (not bought) can be considered a bonus. By discarding a Revive two mons may placed into the Limbo box before a gym battle for a token. Only up to two mons may be revived after this battle (to make things more fair).

5. Losing the Elite 4 is considered losing completely.

6. The challenge is won when "Red" is defeated. Losing to him is also considered losing.

I think that's all I have to add. Let's begin.

Player Name: Haiiro

Current Team
    Spoiler:

So starting everything off I received the running shoes, bicycle, and Gb sounds all from the mother at the start.....nice. XD

- Headed over to Professor Elms place to receive my starter who for years has always been Cyndaquil. I feel like I'll be using this current nickname for all future Cyndaquil's until the end of time. Welcome to the team Crisco. It has Flash Fire and its Modest?! Yes please.

- Since the challenge hadn't actually started yet I made sure to start grinding levels all the way to level 10 in the hopes of avoiding a nonsense loss. -__-

- After taking the Tour in Cherrygrove from the Old man he gave me an Old Rod.
    - After picking up the apricorn case I made it to Mr Pokemon's house on Route 30. First receiving an Eevee from the one and only Cynthia who happened to sit outside the door. Lastly the usual Pokedex from Oak and the Mystery Egg. So happy that its the National Dex from the start.
    - Decided to give Eevee the same grinding treatment only in his case I went to Level 9.
    - Here comes the Rival who would later be known as Kuro.

Monster Reborn Challenge

Kuro

Monster Reborn Challenge

Totodile/Lv.6

This battle was very uneventful due to Eevee being overleveled. Totodile even with growls completely failed at nerfing all the Tackles it took.

- After returning to New Bark Town I received Pokeballs from Lyra on Route 29. The challenge had now begun! I hopped into the grass and encountered a Rattatta....being overleveled in this case was horrible. Rattatta fainted from one Tackle, so that's one failed attempt for a Route.
    - So I stepped back into New Bark and used the Old Rod from earlier and hooked one of my all time favs! A chinchou, who I nicknamed Deadlock (foreshadowing?) I should have used something else....

- Repeated the same process in Cherrygrove and caught a Magikarp. This thing seems to actually have moves other than tackle in this game.

- Lastly I stepped back onto Route 30 and this time encountered a Lv. 4 Seedot and nicknamed him Mascot. Put Magikarp away for later use...though I might put her back since Chinchou has Volt Absorb and they don't share the same weaknesses.

Storage
    Magikarp

Koffing Box
    (None)

Last edited:

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • After looking over everything I see now that the rules I came up with are ridiculous and complicated so I changed a few things in order to make things more fair and better put together.

Not an update but a mon is already gone x___x, since this change to the rules is recent the one who went down cannot be brought back if I beat the first gym to make things more fair.

Back