• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Third team member for Battle Subway

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I need some help building a team for the single/super single challenge on the Battle Subway in White. I already have two of my team members:

Krookodile
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    - Brick Break (could change to Stone Edge)
    - Crunch

Volcarona
    - Heat Wave/Flamethrower
    - Quiver Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Psychic

Now for my team member I've narrowed it down to three options.

Starmie - Hydro Pump/Surf/Scald, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Psychic/Thunder Wave/Grass Knot
    or
    Ferrothorn - Power Whip, Explosion/Gyro Ball/Toxic, Leech Seed/Toxic, Stealth Rock
    or
    Eelektross - Wild Charge/Thunderbolt, Acrobatics, Brick Break, Giga Impact/Dragon Claw/Thunder Wave/???

Starmie gives me better type coverage - especially against Fire and Fighting, and is less troublesome to obtain (I'll have to breed Leech Seed/Stealth Rock onto Ferro). However, Starmie is to some extent reduntant in its role - I already have a special sweeper in Volcarona. Ferrothorn would fill a very different role as a mixed tank. Eelktross is an alternative as a mixed attacked, though he kinda intrudes onto Krookodile's territory.

Any advice would be welcome, as to which one I should use, which moves I should select, and if you can think of another Pokemon better-suited then please, feel free to suggest alternatives. :)

Last edited:

Checkmate

Pokemon Strategist
    Years
  • Starmie - Thunderbolt/Surf/Psyhic/Ice Beam

Grass Knot is a bad choice, because Starmie isn't heavy compared to other pokemon.

Hydropump is useless, really. Surf is only 30 power below Hydro Pump, but it has 10 more PP. Lets do a check on your moveset.

Ghost Type Foe - Useful
    Grass Type Foe - Useful
    Water Type Foe - Useful
    Flying Type Foe - Useful
    Fire Type Foe - Useful
    Ground Type Foe - Useful
    Rock type Foe - Useful
    Steel Type Foe - Useful
    Fighting Type Foe - Useful
    Dragon Type Foe - Useful

Pookachu

Chuck Norris
    Years
  • Go with Starmie, as it covers your weakness to water types, at some extent.
    I'd probably use Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf and Recover/Light Screen/Reflect.

Back