• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mariomon Expanded Edition!

Burtle

Discord: Burtle#6904
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2019
    Henlo, I'm back with another Launchpad post

This time, I'm wanting to see what you all would think about expanding the game "Mariomon" from January 2017. I can't link it because it's on a .gba hosting site, but the description is:

MarioMon is a pokemon Fire Red hack that completely replaces the original 150 pokemon and replaces them with Mario enemies and characters. Every pokemon has been completely changed including sprites, moves, evolutions, pokedex, spawning locations, etc.

It's a hack of FireRed. It's one of the overlooked hacks of its time. What I would like to do is make it better. Day/Night system complete with palette changes and different spawns depending on type of day. Maybe even adding new Mariomon to the game! Also looking for proper icons as shown in-menu.

I've attached three patches. The first was previously were only available in a pre-patched .gba file thanks to the original upload going down. They are Mariomon.ips, Mariomon_with_Typebars.ips, and Mariomon Expanded. Mariomon is the regular experience, Mariomon with type bars uses Pfero's Type Bars to show the Fakemon's types, and Mariomon Expanded features:
    reusable tms
    deletable hms
    pss
    fairy type
    infinite use move tutors
    and type bars
    and is using Leon's ROMbase.

This hack's author is videogamerpat, but there's no way to contact him/her.

Okay, so since I can't get into touch with the author, I don't want to continue this project.

Attachments

• Mariomon.ips
      425.4 KB · Views: 38
    • Mariomon_with_Typebars.ips
      426.6 KB · Views: 18
    • Mariomon Updated.ips
      3.5 MB · Views: 17
    Last edited:

Burtle

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2019
    I need icons, as this game is in severe need of them

Just send me a P.M. if interested.

Last edited:

Burtle

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2019
    based on your main post. is it discontinued?

Basically, unless I find someone willing to start from scratch with me. I'm not going to be using any content from videogamerpat's version.

Back