• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials v17.2]Fixing some abilities that triggered into the end of turn

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Am using this script for Power Construct. Install for Zygarde.

Am using some part of that script for Shields Down (Battle Effect script, Move Effect script, etc). Install for Minior and check which code you will replace with mine.

Now let's go:

Into 'class PokeBattle_Battler', add 'attr_accessor :startform' below 'attr_accessor :captured', like this:
Spoiler:

Now, 'def pbInitPokemon(pkmn,pkmnIndex)', add '@startform = @form':
Spoiler:

Inside 'def pbCheckForm', delete what you have for Darmanitan, Zygarde, Wishiwashi and Minior.

Then, add Wishiwashi and Minior inside 'def pbResetForm', like:
Spoiler:

Above Imposter's code (from PokeBattle_Battler), to change its forms when start the battle, paste:
Spoiler:

And now, to check into the end of round to change its forms or not, go to 'PokeBattle_Battle' script. below '# Slow Start's end message', paste:
Spoiler:

Now, add Minior to 'Forms' script, below HOOPA (or whatever):
Code:
MultipleForms.register(:MINIOR,{
"getFormOnCreation"=>proc{|pokemon|
   next 1+rand(7)
}
})

And finally, to put Meteor Form for Wild Minior, look for 'PField_Encounters' script, and inside 'def pbGenerateWildPokemon(species,level,isroamer=false)', paste above 'Events.onWildPokemonCreate.trigger(nil,genwildpoke)':
Code:
  if isConst?(genwildpoke.species,PBSpecies,:MINIOR); genwildpoke.form=0; end

For breeding case about Minior, go to 'PField_DayCare' and replace the code below '# Inheriting form':
Code:
  # Inheriting form
  if isConst?(babyspecies,PBSpecies,:BURMY) ||
     isConst?(babyspecies,PBSpecies,:SHELLOS) ||
     isConst?(babyspecies,PBSpecies,:BASCULIN) ||
     isConst?(babyspecies,PBSpecies,:FLABEBE) ||
     isConst?(babyspecies,PBSpecies,:PUMPKABOO) ||
     isConst?(babyspecies,PBSpecies,:ORICORIO) ||
     isConst?(babyspecies,PBSpecies,:MINIOR)
    egg.form=mother.form
    egg.form=father.form if pbIsDitto?(mother)
  end 
  # Inheriting Moves

And done :D
Cya!

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
If you caught Wild Minior (Meteor Form, using Master Ball i.e.), when you turn back to Overworld, that pokémon won't change its form to Core Form. I fixed it:
Inside 'def pbResetForm' replace Minior'code for:
Code:
      if isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:MINIOR)
        if startform>0; self.form=startform; else; self.form=1+rand(7); startform=self.form; end
      end

Atted the main post.

EDIT 7 Oct: Changed when HP '<=' or '>=' insted only '<' or '>' for all abilities, except Schooling; level for Schooling, '>19' instead '>=20'.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 26, 2023
Hey, thanks for making the code and don't know if you're still working on this, but I keep getting "NoMethodError" on "pbUpdate(true)" of
" def pbResetForm
if !@effects[PBEffects::Transform]
isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:CASTFORM) || isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:CHERRIM) ||
isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:DARMANITAN) || isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:MELOETTA) ||
isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:AEGISLASH) || isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:XERNEAS) ||
isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:WISHIWASHI)
self.form=0
end
if startform>0; self.form=startform; else; self.form=1+rand(7); startform=self.form; end
end
end
pbUpdate(true)
end "

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Hey, thanks for making the code and don't know if you're still working on this, but I keep getting "NoMethodError" on "pbUpdate(true)" of
" def pbResetForm
if !@effects[PBEffects::Transform]
isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:CASTFORM) || isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:CHERRIM) ||
isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:DARMANITAN) || isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:MELOETTA) ||
isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:AEGISLASH) || isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:XERNEAS) ||
isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:WISHIWASHI)
self.form=0
end
end
end
pbUpdate(true)
end "

Vanilla Essentials 17.2 already have 'pbUpdate(true)' and works perfectly. You just need to add Wishiwashi where we have Aegislash to turn back into its original form. Also about Minior it is just a new 'if' for that pokémon.

Years
Hey thanks for making this script. I just installed it and it mostly works. However, if Wishiwashi is already in Solo form because HP is low, and then recovers health to get back over 25%, it changes him to Schooling Form, but the text says "Wishiwashi stopped schooling". I copy and pasted the exact script you posted, any idea what I might've done wrong?

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Hey thanks for making this script. I just installed it and it mostly works. However, if Wishiwashi is already in Solo form because HP is low, and then recovers health to get back over 25%, it changes him to Schooling Form, but the text says "Wishiwashi stopped schooling". I copy and pasted the exact script you posted, any idea what I might've done wrong?

I wonder if the messages are the wrong way around?
Code:
        if i.hp>((i.totalhp/4).floor) && i.form!=1
          i.form=1
          i.pbUpdate(true)
          scene.pbChangePokemon(i,i.pokemon)
          pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} stopped schooling!",i.pbThis))
          PBDebug.log("[Form changed] #{i.pbThis} changed to form #{i.form}")
        elsif i.hp<((i.totalhp/4).floor) && i.form!=0
          i.form=0
          i.pbUpdate(true)
          pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} formed a school!",i.pbThis))
        end
This kinda looks like "when HP > 25% and not form 1 switch to form 1 and say we stopped schooling". So maybe swap the pbDisplays in the bit I quoted. (Assuming form 0 is normal, and 1 is schooling)

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
For breeding case about Minior, go to 'PField_DayCare' and replace the code below '# Inheriting form':
Code:
  # Inheriting form
  if isConst?(babyspecies,PBSpecies,:BURMY) ||
     isConst?(babyspecies,PBSpecies,:SHELLOS) ||
     isConst?(babyspecies,PBSpecies,:BASCULIN) ||
     isConst?(babyspecies,PBSpecies,:FLABEBE) ||
     isConst?(babyspecies,PBSpecies,:PUMPKABOO) ||
     isConst?(babyspecies,PBSpecies,:ORICORIO) ||
     isConst?(babyspecies,PBSpecies,:MINIOR)
    egg.form=mother.form
    egg.form=father.form if pbIsDitto?(mother)
  end 
  # Inheriting Moves

Edited the main post.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9968664#post9968664
Code:
      if i.hasWorkingAbility(:SCHOOLING) && isConst?(i.species,PBSpecies,:WISHIWASHI) && i.level>19
        if i.hp>((i.totalhp/4).floor) && i.form!=1
          i.form=1
          i.pbUpdate(true)
          @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} formed a school!",pbThis))
        elsif i.hp<((i.totalhp/4).floor) && i.form!=0
          i.form=0
          i.pbUpdate(true)
         @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} stopped schooling!",pbThis))
        end
      end

Hello, I'm trying to use your Schooling script for my game,but, when Wishiwashi is below 1/4 of its health and needs to transform back into its solo form, an error box appears which say that "PBThis is not defined", even though I have the "def PBThis" script in PokeBattle_Battlers.Do you know what could cause this?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Hello, I'm trying to use your Schooling script for my game,but, when Wishiwashi is below 1/4 of its health and needs to transform back into its solo form, an error box appears which say that "PBThis is not defined", even though I have the "def PBThis" script in PokeBattle_Battlers.Do you know what could cause this?

Just checking, it probably isn't this, but do you know pbThis and PBThis are different? Capitalization matters.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Just checking, it probably isn't this, but do you know pbThis and PBThis are different? Capitalization matters.

Yeah, it's pbThis in my script, and it still giving me an error message. There's also an error saying that pbIsOpposing is also an undefined value. I don't know why it says that, since both pbThis and pbIsOpposing are defined in my script editor.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
If it helps, this is the error message that I get (It doesn't crash the game,but I still need to get rid of it):
Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
PokeBattle_Battle:423:in `pbThis'
PokeBattle_Battle:3867:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:3854:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:3854:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2551:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:2550:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battle:2550:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:2532:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle:2555:in `pbStartBattleCore'
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]
Exception: NoMethodError
PokeBattle_Battle:423:in `pbThis'
PokeBattle_Battle:3867:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:3854:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:3854:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2551:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:2550:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battle:2550:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:2532:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle:2555:in `pbStartBattleCore'

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Unfortunately I tested my script on the battle (again) and everything looks fine.
Please double check the tutorial and add the script again, maybe you forgot to add some 'attr' or something.

Years
a Syntax error at line 483 is keeping my game from compiling and turning on.

MultipleForms.register(:MINIOR,{
"getFormOnCreation"=>proc{|pokemon|
next 1+rand(7)
}
},
"onSetForm"=>proc{|pokemon,form|
pokemon.formTime=(form>0) ? pbGetTimeNow.to_i : nil
}
})

That last line with the }) is causing the error. How can it be fixed?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Remove the marked part. :)
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Really handy script helps fixes them as you stated, only issue is, wild minior wont become shield form but stay the random core color,

now my forms are ordered different with the shield form being form 7 with the colours being 0-6, i adjusted the scripts accordingly (any mention of 0 was made into 7 and removed the 1+ in the rand bits)

i do have the genwildpoke bit but nothing.

Back