• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] It's-a me, Harvio!

superharvio

Super Harvio
Years
  • Hello, Pokecommunity forum,

I'm Harvey! Haven't been part of an online forum since the AOL era, and I'm a pretty shy guy, so please take it easy on me 😂
    (This seems like an excellent forum though so I won't worry too much!)

Two things bring me here:
    1. Been a diehard pkmn fan ever since Red/Blue, so I love talking all things pkmn;
    2. More than that, though, I want to break out of my shell and connect with the community to help make awesome fangames/romhacks.

I want to make lots and lots of friends and collaborators, so please don't hesitate to reach out 😄

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I'm honestly surprised no one's said 'hello!' yet. So since the usual very friendly people that do the greetings are busy, let me be the first to say
    'Welcome to the PC!'

Since it's a PC custom to ask a question, I'll go with 'Do you have a favorite Pokemon Type?'

Years
  • Hello!

Have you played any Spin-off games such as PMD or Snap?
    Seems like you like the Mario franchise as well, have you tried out either of the Mario Makers? If so did you publish any levels in them?

superharvio

Super Harvio
    Years
  • I'm honestly surprised no one's said 'hello!' yet. So since the usual very friendly people that do the greetings are busy, let me be the first to say
    'Welcome to the PC!'

Since it's a PC custom to ask a question, I'll go with 'Do you have a favorite Pokemon Type?'

Hi, Alex! The more I think about it the more I realize that I really love the Normal type. So many of my favorite mons are Normal type; I love the Porygon line, especially. Dark types are a close second!

How about you, and why?

superharvio

Super Harvio
    Years
  • Hello!

Have you played any Spin-off games such as PMD or Snap?
    Seems like you like the Mario franchise as well, have you tried out either of the Mario Makers? If so did you publish any levels in them?

Hi, ReKoil! I love a lot of pkmn spinoffs: stadium 1-2, colosseum, pinball, tcg, red rescue team, pkmn channel, puzzle league, snap, and probably more. Coincidentally i had an idea the other day that might make for a cool game: a gen-1 romhack that includes pinball and tcg as subgames. There could be, like, pinball machines in pokemon centers and card shops/tables where you could play those games respectively.

I don't actually own mario maker but i love watching streamers play it!

What's your favorite spinoff game?

Years
  • I haven't played all that many, I tried one of the PMD games a long time ago and didn't like it, so those are out I guess.
    I played Go, if that even counts as a spinoff game, but only to obtain Meltan and Melmetal after which I ditched it as it's just not my thing.

I've stared at Pokemon Quest multiple times, but have yet to pick it up.

I did have Stadium back on the N64, which I quite liked at the time.
    New Snap is a lot more recent and I loved a lot of the interactions between the Pokemon that they put in the game, so I suppose I'll pick that =3

I do own Super Mario Maker 2 as well as Mario Maker 1 for the 3DS, but that stingy version of the game wouldn't let you upload levels =\
    As for SMM2 I played it briefly before I got distracted by Pokemon Shield at the time and I'm still stuck doing stuff in Pokemon games xD

What's you favorite Mario game?

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Hi, Alex! The more I think about it the more I realize that I really love the Normal type. So many of my favorite mons are Normal type; I love the Porygon line, especially. Dark types are a close second!

How about you, and why?

There are a lot of really cool Normal Type Pokemon for sure! It's nice to see someone appreciate a Type that I've always felt was a little underappreciated.

My favorite Type is Dark. I used to do a lot of Nuzlockes and always found myself getting the most use out of Dark Type moves and Pokemon,
    it doesn't hurt that most of my favorite Pokemon are Dark Type (or are part Dark) as well.

Do you have a favorite Pokemon?

superharvio

Super Harvio
    Years
  • Do you have a favorite Pokemon?
    I never ever use them but Bayleef and Dewott are just really cool to me for some reason. Middle evolutions are often so forgettable; it's remarkable that those ones grabbed me so much. I'm also quite partial to Porygon; my favorite pokemon card ever is the "Cool Porygon" promo---I think that's what swayed me!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I love Dewott's design! It's my favorite of all the starter Pokemon's middle evolutions!
    Porygon's really cool too though. I remember grinding 9,999 slot machine coins in Fire Red just so I could have one!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello, Pokecommunity forum,

I'm Harvey! Haven't been part of an online forum since the AOL era, and I'm a pretty shy guy, so please take it easy on me 😂
    (This seems like an excellent forum though so I won't worry too much!)

Two things bring me here:
    1. Been a diehard pkmn fan ever since Red/Blue, so I love talking all things pkmn;
    2. More than that, though, I want to break out of my shell and connect with the community to help make awesome fangames/romhacks.

I want to make lots and lots of friends and collaborators, so please don't hesitate to reach out 😄

Hello, Superharvio, and welcome to the forums!
    Indeed, you don't have to worry, we are friendly here. ^^
    I have been playing since Red too! What was your team in Generation I ?
    You can find all about fan games and ROM hacks in the Fan Games section!

I, for one, am always up for new friends! I look forward to see what you will come up with in fan games / ROM hacks!

superharvio

Super Harvio
    Years
  • Hello, Superharvio, and welcome to the forums!
    Indeed, you don't have to worry, we are friendly here. ^^
    I have been playing since Red too! What was your team in Generation I ?
    You can find all about fan games and ROM hacks in the Fan Games section!

I, for one, am always up for new friends! I look forward to see what you will come up with in fan games / ROM hacks!

Thanks!

I don't remember much of anything from my first playthrough of Red, but I remember I had a Butterfree that I was very attached to and refused to admit was utterly impractical 😂
    Much later on though, when I picked up FireRed, I think I had something like: Blastoise, Fearow, Victreebel, Electabuzz, Arcanine, and Mr. Mime.

And I'm super stoked to dive in! Actually have a thread awaiting mod approval in the Recruitment section right now putting myself out there as a junior coder looking for experience, so hopefully I end up making cool contributions pretty soon, even if they're behind-the-scenes.

Years
  • Sweet memories!
    I fondly remember catching Zapdos just by burning it with my Charizard's Flamethrower in Red, or in Yellow, spamming Sand Attack on Brock's pokémon with Pidgeotto, to the point the bird managed to KO Geodude and weaken Onix (it was a long battle)! ^^

Back