• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Misc Engine] Untitled Project - 3D Pokemon game on DS

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    Greetings! Me & my team are working on a very special new fangame! Using a custom made engine I created, we are developing it for both PC and Nintendo DS!

Our expected features are to have 3D overworlds, 3D battles, and a healthy balance of single & double battles, along with the usual schtick of a new region, mega pokemon, etc. We're also aiming for a pokedex of around 400, but may need to reduce it depending on workload.

Our story concept is as follows:
    Your adventure takes place in a region where peace is the norm, with many of its residents being content with the status quo. However, as you graduate from the region's Pokémon academy, the Champion of the region announces an abrupt retirement. A region-wide competition ensues where you, your friends, gym leaders, and shadowy figures are all competing to claim the top rank in the region. Meanwhile, earthquakes and other natural phenomena begin to occur across the region. Some suspect the incidents are linked to legend passed on from the time of the region's founding. With your Pokémon and allies, both new and familiar, at your side, will you be able to prevent disaster and bring peace back to the region?

What we're looking for is the following:
    -Programmers, while I am a very capable one myself, having more would never hurt (don't worry, I'm willing to walk you through setting up the DS development environment & help out with learning the engine)
    -Artists, we're going to need art, of course
    -3D artists, whether you're capable of creating original 3D areas, characters, or just know how to decimate models or animate them
    -Writers, we'd appreciate help fleshing out our ideas
    -Composer(s), while not strictly necessary an original soundtrack would be fire

eeveefight.png
    eeveefight2.png
    overworld1.png
    overworld2.png

Credits:
    Models:
    Pokemon X/Y
    Pokemon Sun/Moon
    Pokemon Battle Revolution
    Pokemon stadium 2
    Music:
    Pokemon Colosseum

To prove our mettle, I've also attached a .zip including a proof of concept in my original engine, featuring both PC and .nds builds to try (I couldn't get the attachment system to work, so linked here: drive.google.com/file/d/1qMIn_PyFRZM8McrjojKnNoFOe2452DrG/view?usp=sharing )

If you'd like to help us out, or just follow development, check out the Discord at discord.gg/FjPrBRmGBd

(Sorry I couldn't make the links clickable, just copy and paste them, the site complained I didn't have enough posts :c)

Last edited:
    Back