• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Custom Music Issues

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I've been trying to add music to my fan game, but it is giving me problems. MP3 files don't play at all, and WMA files work, but they open a second RPG Maker XP window ("ActiveMovie Window") that I have to manually close each time I enter a battle (the window closes itself after the battle ends but reopens upon initiating another battle).

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Did you try .ogg?

Yes. .ogg doesn't work either, unfortunately. I tried two separate format converters just to be sure.

I don't understand what the problem is. If I could just find a way to stop the annoying popup window for WMAs, I would be fine.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
Ogg, wav, midi files are working fine for me. Did you try in a clean version of Essentials?

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
I've been trying to add music to my fan game, but it is giving me problems. MP3 files don't play at all, and WMA files work, but they open a second RPG Maker XP window ("ActiveMovie Window") that I have to manually close each time I enter a battle (the window closes itself after the battle ends but reopens upon initiating another battle).

Does anyone know how to fix this?

What you might try is this:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=349496

This is two scripts to be inserted in your game (in a specific order) and two files that will go in your project's root directory. These two scripts allow MP3s to be played, and even to allow looping points in .ogg files.

Be sure to give credit to the original creator of the scripts. ;)

Converting files to .wav format works for me. I use this website:

http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-wav

Converting everything to .wav, quite honestly, is a waste of space. Raw waveforms usually take up the most space out of any audio format, along with FLACs (and ALACs) and AACs. .OGGs are also a lossy audio format, but they have more versatility and many more uses than an MP3, and on top of that take up just as much space as a typical MP3 file.

My personal recommendation is to download the pack above. You will need to extract the two files to the root directory of your game, and copy and paste the scripts from the OP into your script editor in RPG Maker XP. They must be created in a specific order, otherwise you may risk breaking your game.

Back