• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] I need help importing Fakemon Sprites in my hack using GenII Hacking Suite

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2017
    I'm using the Gen III hacking suite to add fakemon into my rom, however when I try to add the sprites the colors get messed up.

screenshot_20170813_182305.png
    This is how its supposed to look.

screenshot_20170908_145720.png
    When adding the front sprite everything looks fine, but then this happens when adding the back sprite...

screenshot_20170908_145928.png

I don't know how to fix this. It also happens when adding the shiny sprites. I even tried adding a full sheet and changing the background color. That fixes the normal sprites but the shiny sprite still come out wrong. And I made sure the colors where the same for each pair

screenshot_20170908_150624.png

Can anyone help me with this?

Attachments

• screenshot_20170813_025257.png
      screenshot_20170813_025257.png
      40.9 KB · Views: 2
    • screenshot_20170813_182215.png
      screenshot_20170813_182215.png
      40 KB · Views: 1
    Last edited:

Narwhal

Meme Lord
    Years
  • the way i would do it would be to make a sprite sheet. Sprite sheet looks like the following

My Indexed Volacub Sprite Sheet

the size of it is 64 wide and 256 long in pixels just if you want to make a blank one.

So now imagine each 64x64 square as one part of the sprite sheet.
    You put the sprites in these 64x64 squares in this order

-front normal
    -back normal
    -front shiny
    -back shiny

so now from here you need to index!

What you need: Sprite sheet and Irfranview

Steps to index:
    1. Place your sprite sheet into irfanview.
    2.go to IMAGE and click on DECREASE COLOR DEPTH.
    3.Once you're there select 16 (If 16 does not work try 32 cuz i forget which to do for sprite sheets) COLORS (4 BPP), and click on OK.
    4.All right so now go to Image->Pallete->Edit Pallete.
    5.Now keep this in mind, the first color on the pallete entries is TRANSPARENT.
    6.Now let's change that color, so double click on that and you'll get this color selection screen, so now choose a color and save your image. Your sprite will look a little bit messed up if you had a black outline or something like that so i suggest doing something like a neon color that doesnt match any colors in your sprite.
    7. if it messes up just fix the outline n such.

And there you go you should have an indexed sprite sheet. Most sprite adding programs should have a 256x64 method and that should make it to add them all quickly.

If you have any further questions hit me up here or on discord Matthew?#9890.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2017
    Ok so after taking a few days to test this, it still didn't work, somehow my sprites came out completely disfigured, most of the colors were wrong. however I did notice something I tried doing several different sprites and one of them actually worked(without your method). I don't know how but I tried the full sprite thing and it came out perfect. When trying to do the other sprites it didn't work thought.

Narwhal

Meme Lord
    Years
  • Ok so after taking a few days to test this, it still didn't work, somehow my sprites came out completely disfigured, most of the colors were wrong. however I did notice something I tried doing several different sprites and one of them actually worked(without your method). I don't know how but I tried the full sprite thing and it came out perfect. When trying to do the other sprites it didn't work thought.

send me the sprite sheet and ill try to fix it for you

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2017
    send me the sprite sheet and ill try to fix it for you

I'd really appreciate this, however I have a lot of sprite sheets that I wanted to use. So figuring out how to fix it myself is probably best. Maybe if you could show me screenshots of the process you use that would help.

Bashbee Test C.png
    Here is the one I was running tests with.

Weiler.png
    And this is the on that worked when I loaded it normally.

Attachments

• Scratchet.png
      Scratchet.png
      4.3 KB · Views: 17
    Back