• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Resizing sprites?

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    So, I am working on a Fire Red hack, and found some sprites online that I want to use (the spriter gave me permission to use them). However, thr sprites are too large and when I try to resize them to the correct size, pixels keep getting deleted. How do I go about fixing this issue?

I am using photoshop at the moment to resize the sprites.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So, I am working on a Fire Red hack, and found some sprites online that I want to use (the spriter gave me permission to use them). However, thr sprites are too large and when I try to resize them to the correct size, pixels keep getting deleted. How do I go about fixing this issue?

I am using photoshop at the moment to resize the sprites.

Hey,
    First, I'll move this thread to the Binary ROM Hacking :)
    Second, I can actually answer your question. I assume your sprites are 160x160 and you want 128x128?
    Unfortunately you cannot convert 160x160 sprites to 128x128 easily, because the pictures are too small, and the resizing functions of any software are made for big pictures (1920x1080 typically) as they try to refactor chunks of pixels into smaller chunks. The idea is that the resizing functions try to find which pixels matter most and which don't. The "refactoring" doesn't work for pixel art, as in your sprites, because in pixel art, every pixel matters.
    Your only solution is to make (or ask someone to make) sprites with the right size.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Oh. The sprite I want to use is 69x79 and I am trying to shrink it down to 64x64. But I am guessing that the answer will not change.

Back