• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Professor Sycamore tossing a Poke ball in the air/erased file fears

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    This has happened twice on my Y game, I finished the game awhile back, it's maxed out at 999:59. I soft reset it often with no problems.

The first time it happened I nearly had a heart attack, I had flashbacks to when my Crystal game erased my save file due to old age...

Professor Sycamore is tossing a poke ball in the air welcoming you to the game. I believe the same way he does when you start a new file.

Each time this has happened I immediately restarted the game and the save file is still in tact.

Is this some cut scene that happens randomly? Or a glitch? Is a new file randomly starting? I don't know what I clicked to get it, I assume if you actually reset your file you can't get it back just by restarting the game so this must be a strange cut scene?

Amy May

Banned
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    Very odd indeed... I maxed out my game time in my X within the first couple months of playing just from breeding so much. I can honestly say I never ran into anything like that in 6th gen before, other than the cut scenes after E4 leading post game stuff etc... which isn't max time hindering. 0_0

Back