• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Troubleshooting When Attempting to Patch DPE/CFRU to Clean ROM

SuperSalty64

SuperSalty
Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2020
    While attempting to set up and patch a clean ROM of FireRed with the Dynamic Pokemon Expansion and Complete Fire Red Upgrade engines, I seem to be running into some issues regarding the PATH settings for my installation of devkitPro. Following the directions of the README instructions of the DPE, I inserted the desired ROM I wanted to use into the master folder, opened a command prompt window and typed in the appropriate command to apply it to the ROM, and received this message (when attempting to apply DPE):
    Spoiler:

NOTE: This is being applied to a clean ROM of FireRed, and no other changes to the ROM have been made. The image provided with the post is a screenshot of the error.

Since I have followed the readme files provided by these engines, I am a little confused as to where I set the path incorrectly in order for me to yield this error (for reference, I am currently keeping devkitPro in my regular C: drive), and have tried a couple of different ways to set it to no avail. Is there some way I should set it up differently from the instructions provided to do so (found in the DPE README, unable to post the link due to having under five posts), or is there some other issue going on?

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong area to put this type of question (as I am aware that there are likely question threads in the respective engine's forum posts), and can take it down if there are any infringements of the forum's rules in doing so (or if I should more directly seek the developer's assistance). Thank you very much in advance for the help.

Attachments

• Troubleshooting When Attempting to Patch DPE/CFRU to Clean ROM
      Capture.PNG
      10 KB · Views: 17
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    So you definitely downloaded the GBA portion of devkit when you installed it?

There's a CFRU Discord if you want (potentially) more direct assistance
    CFRU Discord

SuperSalty64

SuperSalty
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2020
    Yes, I had completely downloaded the GBA portion of devkit when I had installed it (as well as the rest of the tools associated with it).

I have since fixed the issue after seeing that there was another path that seemed to be set when I downloaded devkit (unrelated to the one described in the documentation provided by the CFRU), and fixed that accordingly. I now have the tools working as intended.

Thank you very much for the link for the CFRU Discord, though! I had taken some time to find it but hadn't quite seen it anywhere.

EDIT: Actually, it seems as though the Discord link you provided only goes to a channel link of some sort, and isn't an invite. Does the server require a specialized invite, or is it public?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Ah yes.

Sorry I'm not heaps up with how Discord works. I'll try next time I'm on my craptop if you haven't managed to get in

SuperSalty64

SuperSalty
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2020
    Thank you much!

On that note, however, I seem to be a little confused as to how exactly the patching for these scripts work. So, let's say I want to apply DPE to a clean ROM of FireRed, and, using FreeSpaceFinder, I find that there is free space in the clean ROM starting at offset 800000. So, I would change whatever scripts inserts the coding into the ROM to change that particular offset, correct? Sorry if this seems like a straightforward question, just trying to establish my ROM base as best as possible for use with CFRU.

Back