• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Map/Script Gen III - Allowing Running/Bike in Custom Maps

Droark236

Derek
Years
  • Hello all! This is actually my first post. I'm pretty deep into hacking Gen III. I've been rebuilding the entirety of Johto and Hoenn on a Fire Red hack. I'm pretty satisfied with how it's coming out but there are two big problems I can't seem to fix.

Firstly, I can only walk in custom maps. I can't run or use my bike. I've tried so much, reverse engineering level scripts, reverse engineering the getting the running shoes script, looking at other map scripts. It must be something simple that I'm missing.

Secondly, not as huge of an issue, but I can't seem to save custom map names independently. Once I save a name it rewrites Pallet Town's name and all other custom maps. I currently have around 20 maps named ROUTE 26, lol.

If anybody could help with this, it would be greatly appreciated. I've tried searching but the word "run" is too heavily associated with simply running a rom. Thank you.

__fred__40

fred
    Years
  • Regarding the first question I had the same problem and I solved it by using hex helper(https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=338884) to allow running everywhere,for the bike problem I don't know
    Regarding the second question,I'm not really an expert in that field,but I know you can't just add an infinite number of map names,not with advance map at least,you should navigate in Hex and increase the number of possible names,or otherwise just change the already exisiting ones(but I think that this not what you needed).

Happy hacking

Droark236

Derek
    Years
  • Thank you, that may just be what I have to do, in the end. That was actually the only thread I ever saw mentioning it. It's such a bizarre problem.

And thank you for the infinite map names as well. That'll make navigating through creating a hell of a lot easier. I've reached that robot point where I've memorized all of the numbers to navigate through, lol

Oh and a triple thanks for allowing pre-national dex evolutions. I only allowed access to Johto/Hoenn as post national Dex (Four Island surf west to Mossdeep and route 22 use waterfall for access to route 26). I might just have to abandon this hack and start anew.

Last edited:

__fred__40

fred
    Years
  • Thank you, that may just be what I have to do, in the end. That was actually the only thread I ever saw mentioning it. It's such a bizarre problem.

And thank you for the infinite map names as well. That'll make navigating through creating a hell of a lot easier. I've reached that robot point where I've memorized all of the numbers to navigate through, lol

Oh and a triple thanks for allowing pre-national dex evolutions. I only allowed access to Johto/Hoenn as post national Dex (Four Island surf west to Mossdeep and route 22 use waterfall for access to route 26). I might just have to abandon this hack and start anew.

Happy to help,looking forward to play your hack

Back