• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issues With RPG XP

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2019
    Hi, I have been having technical issues and I would like some assistance with them

I am a Mac user, and I download RPG Maker XP to make my own game, and I run it on Wine. I download Pokemon Essentials v17.2 from an active link on Reddit. Everything looks to be there, the editor works fine, the projects load fine, there are no discernable technical problems with the editor itself. However, when I try to upload the Pokemon Essentials .rxproj file, it freezes RPG Maker and won't load the file. It won't let me close the window of RPG Maker either, I have to close it using Wine's Task Manager. I tried downloading a different Pokemon Essentials, a different RPG Maker file, neither worked. I tried restarting my computer, and that was the first time I got any kind of response out of it, it crashed RPG Maker. But after that it just went back to freezing it again.

I'm on Mac OS Sierra, and I am using Wine 1.8.6

Thanks!

Years
  • I have had issues with Wine on Linux before when using RPG Maker XP, I personally settled on a dual boot set-up where I can boot either Windows 7 or Linux (Ubuntu) when I start my computer.
    If you're not a fan of dual booting OSs then a virtual machine running Window should work too.

Sorry for not being able to directly handle your issue, I don't have any experience with Macs.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2022
    So I'm on Mac too and I had this exact same problem. The only thing I could seem to do to get it to work was remove a considerable amount of the Pokemon sprite PNG files from the Battlers Folder. I started adding them in bit by bit (from genesect down) and I got to Unown. That's when it stopped working for me. I took out Unown and added a few more Pokemon up to wooper and then it stopped again. I'm not sure of the exact number of PNG files I have included, but it loads so long as I don't add any more to that folder. I'm looking for a solution on how to increase the number of files allowed in RPG Maker but no luck yet. This is the first thing I've seen anywhere that even came close to my issue. Maybe this just wasn't meant to run on Macs 😂 hope this helps some tho, especially if you're ok with a limited amount of Pokemon in your game

Back