• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PoryMap Help?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    Hey, guys. I'm having some trouble figuring out how to use PoryMap. My specific issue is that I've successfully built pokeemerald (me considering that an accomplishment may cue you into how bad I am with computer science) and downloaded PoryMap 2.0.0, but I'm not really sure where to go from there. The only thing I can do (to my knowledge) is "Open Project", but it wont detect pokeemerald.gba as a "project", which leads me to believe that there's a different kind of file I should be looking for. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

My more broad question is: is anyone currently making a PoryMap tutorial, or does one exist that I just haven't managed to find? I am almost hopelessly bad at this kind of stuff, but making my own ROM Hack has been a dream since I was a child. I think an idiot-proof tutorial on how to use PoryMap would help me a lot.

Thanks, guys.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    You want to use the folder that contains your cloned repository (probably called pokeemerald) as the project.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    You want to use the folder that contains your cloned repository (probably called pokeemerald) as the project.

Thank you! I didn't realize I was just supposed to select the folder and choose to make that my project, I thought it was one specific file I needed to open.

Back