• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why are pokeballs different in the manga than in the anime?

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Because it's easier to draw still frames than animate them - for all we know, they're also translucent in the anime, but they just don't have the animation budget to do it all the time

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Animation budget aside, I always figured because the anime makes it seem like the Pokemon kinda become energy when inside Pokeballs, rather than the manga depicting the Pokemon in tiny forms actually trapped in there! :(

As a kid, picking up the manga made me feel a bit bad for them being inside there, whereas the anime I didn't think much of it. Lol

StaticShock

Chaos Current
    Years
  • Animation budget aside, I always figured because the anime makes it seem like the Pokemon kinda become energy when inside Pokeballs, rather than the manga depicting the Pokemon in tiny forms actually trapped in there! :(

As a kid, picking up the manga made me feel a bit bad for them being inside there, whereas the anime I didn't think much of it. Lol

My headcanon has always been that Pokemon live in a really cozy and suitable virtual home inside the Pokeball, lol. As for the Storage System in-game, I always like to think of it as a more of a Transfer System like how its portrayed in the anime. :P

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    My headcanon has always been that Pokemon live in a really cozy and suitable virtual home inside the Pokeball, lol. As for the Storage System in-game, I always like to think of it as a more of a Transfer System like how its portrayed in the anime. :P
    OH SAME, I think of storage boxes like... the Pokemon data is in the box, but the Pokemon are kept at the lab. I prefer it that way. lol

The cozy Pokeball thing sounds better too...

Though, how they are in the manga, it makes sense why Pikachu wants no part of them.

Back