• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Newbie wanting to make fakemon rom hack

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2020
    I'm new to the site and rom hacking. I am a character designer that wants to make a game and wanting to start with rom hacking. I get confused easily when given a lot of information at once and I need clarification on what I actually need to use. (Lots of text and info gives me anxiety and I rather would like a talk back and forth to make sure I'm doing thing right.)

So what I'm planning right now is complete story changing, and sprites.

After those being implemented I would like to change map designs and hopefully have map sprite edits. Then music (I use bosca ceoil? I'm sure that's what it is called.)

I don't plan on making this game fast and would like to learn and take my time. Thank you to anyone willing to help me understand what I need.

I'm most likely forgetting to mention some things like fakemon cries and such. Thank you.

EDIT: If this helps I have VisualBoy and I'll be wanting to use FireRed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    i can definitely help with pointing you in the right direction with sprites for your 'mons and trainers... and most things sprite related to be honest :)

Some useful programs include
    * Nameless Sprite Editor 2.X
    * unLZ.GBA
    * GIMP 2.0
    * Irfanview
    and of course the trusty MS Paint.

before we get too into the mechanics, how many Fakemon are you thinking of designing?

Back