• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help making Pokemon Partner

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2018
    Hello everyone. So long story short, for my fan-game I am trying to go something similar to Pokemon Yellow where Pikachu follows you around, but with a few changes here and there.

Basically, the player is chosing one out of nine pokemon who will become his/her partner. (Pokemon with great IV is added into the party with specific gender and nature). Using Dependence2 script and variables, I made so that pokemon follow the trainer (depending on which pokemon is chosen, different pokemon follow and he speaks different lines in common events).

Now, here are two issues I encountered:
    1) When player black out, the depended2 event dissapear until I visit the place where he was first assigned to the player (I plan to go around it by replacing Blacking out with simply porting player to specific locations and making all fights true.)
    2) Now this is where I need your help. Is there a way to make pokemon that is chosen to:

a) Be impossible to remove this pokemon from the party (store in PC)? It would work well from story-telling perspective if this pokemon was impossible to remove. And it would also give an opening that if I added script that all party members of the trainer are sent to PC, it would leave trainer with only his parter (I am not sure if there is script like that, but I can look for it. It would make a we're alone situation where player with his partner need to get out of trouble on their own).

b) If this pokemon evolve, it changes variable? For example, when player chose Oshawott as parter, he set Oswahott partner variable to 1, making Oshawott follow him, if he pick Litten, Litten partner variable is set to 1, making Litten follow). Is it possible to detect when Litten or Oshawott evolve (I made it so all starters evolve at level 18) so it would change Oshawott partner variable to 2/Litten partner variable to 2?

Or alternativly. Is it possible to make the specific pokemon in the party not evolve, but also make a "player touch" event where he evolve? (it would let me to change variable more directly to match up the evolution.

I am looking for something not too complicated since I am not too experienced with scripts. Just something that will let me make the first pokemon chosen by the player stand out from all else so I could change variables depending on when this pokemon evolve and to make sure it is never removed from the party.

Back