• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - April 2010

Hack of the Month

• Pokémon Identity

Votes: 39 24.8%
  • Pokémon Turquoise

Votes: 64 40.8%
  • Pokémon Flora Sky

Votes: 54 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
  • Sunlight's hack is currently ahead, so I'm going to cast away my vote now:

I vote for Identity. And the reasons are:

• Compared to the two other hacks, it has a great plot, never seen before in a hack.
    • Also, the character talks. A lot. That's a rarely inputted feature.
    • The scripting flows endless. Although nothing exceptional, it's intriguing how you give more attention to talking to people rather than grinding or battling.
    • The tiles. My preferation is original tiles>FR/LG-styled new tiles>other tiles>D/P tiles. Identity beats the other hacks in it, too.
    • Mapping. Same as above, I'm not really a fan of natural maps. Sunlight's hack wins there, but Identity so far got more attention from me.
    • Finally, what I really like about this hack is the effort put in it. Both authors did their best, I'm sure of that, but Identity is a solo hack, and I'm REALLY into solo hacks these days. So, if a solo hack goes up to this level, I'm surely up for it.
    • Concluding, Identity gets my vote out of plot originality and effort.

All in all, I know Sunlight a lot more than VGAura, but I don't care. I'm voting for a hack here, not for a fellow. And I want some people here to keep that in mind. THIS IS NOT HOTW. I will be happy, though, if Tropical Sunlight wins, just to be honest.

P.S: Sorry, I didn't play Flora Sky at all, and I'm not going to just because I must vote. From the screenshots and comments on the thread alone I can tell that it leans towards LP, so...well, good luck with it. Not in my list.

EDIT: Well, I'm just curious about what will happen from now on.

This sums my thoughts up quite nicely.

Fire Blazer

Gomu Gomu no...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Pokemon Flora Sky. I like the title screen and the new stuff and well, it just seems much more interesting and original than the others.

killer3570

pokemon master!!!
    Years
  • i like the concept of all the games but im going with turquoise cause it looks bad ass, the graphics and tile sets are good and at the screen shots ive see it looks like it will be a good game

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
  • I vote for Identity because of the epic plot, the unique game feeling (you really are sorta worried bout the character while playing) and the excitement you get while playing the game!^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back