• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon Stories Don't Resemble Kung Fu Culture?

TheBatPrince

Banned
Years
  • Hi all!

I'm from way back in the age of Red Blue Yellow, but also played much of Gold version. I have played Diamond Pearl Platinum, the not-so-good remake of Gold, and then....oh yeah...the remakes of Red and Green!

However, on-subject, I find that the new ones don't really relate much to the principles taught in the East. Not to say that Pokemon derives only from the East, as it covers the entire Globe; and possibly other Planets as most Fiction does. Many types of things like the fact that there isn't much of a Battle element to it anymore, and we never really get those old Traveler Martial Artist characters. Many things just seem completely off in the Poke Universe now; and most people forget that you can't only use cool Creatures as a motivational Story. You have to have rich, rich Heroes, and rich Villains too. They shape the whole Story, and if the actual Story being told isn't very moving; then the result is that the entire Game tends to feel a bit...lackluster?

I can't help feel that just the atmosphere in these new games isn't condoning much of a Journey within ones' self, and the fact that each Pokemon is a living breathing creature capable of its own Path. That's WHY they Train, because they are emulating the modern Wild Eco System that you see in those African documentaries! It's a vicious world out there; packed with tons of Brain chemicals to jack you up in a massive Adrenaline rush. That's why we Fight. Because it's a Thrill. And these Pokemon don't seem to look like they're the Battle-craving Dragons we saw back in Kanto, or the other crazy creatures. It just doesn't feel like a real Eco System.

All in all, I feel much of the ancient stories passed down in the Eastern Community throughout the Centuries are not really evident here. Not EVERYTHING has to come from a "real" story of the Past, but they just happened to be motivational stories that really touched you deep. This Show and Game series represented a union of Man/Woman and Beast. Each of us bound to each other's fate, pushing ourselves to new heights every day.

What do you all think?

Back