• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nightmare fuel?

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
  • Heyas all... What kind of nightmare fuel have you all noticed in Pokemon?

I searched around the forums already for a thread on the topic, and all I found was a topic that got locked in Pokemon Gaming Central because no one seemed to know what the OP was talking about. So allow me to clarify:

I am talking about things in Pokemon that could potentially give people nightmares. I am not talking about creepypastas or things that override canon but rather things that fit with it, or canon itself (Whether it is in the Manga, Anime, or games.). Here are a few examples:

Here are two Pokedex entires for Chandelure from the games:
    Pokedex said:
    Being consumed in Chandelure's flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind.
    Pokedex said:
    The spirits burned up in its ominous flame lose their way and wander this world forever.
    This is an example of nightmare fuel canon.

Also a Pokedex entry for Jellecent:
    Pokedex said:
    They propel themselves by expelling absorbed seawater from their bodies. Their favorite food is life energy.

Or as Bulbapedia puts it:
    Bulbapedia said:
    It moves forward by vigorously blowing out the seawater absorbed into its body. Any ship or crew that wanders into a Jellicent's habitat is never found again, which suggests that it can and will prey on humans, added to the fact that like many Ghost-type Pokémon, it feeds on life energy. The disappearance of ships in Jellicent's domain may also be a sign of territoriality.
    Since it is perceived that Jellicent absorbs its food:
    coekW.jpg

This is an example of nightmare fuel that is not necessarily canon, but fits with it based on the information we have.

Whaddaya think? What nightmare fuel have you found in Pokemon?

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Sableye and Giratina.

Look up pictures of them and you'll see what I mean.

Also Drowzee because it pulls out dreams through the nose. That just freaks me out.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • Also... I suppose this is related to Jellicent, but Frillish:
    Awww, how cute...
    592Frillish-Pink.png

Pokedex said:
    If its veil-like arms stun and wrap a foe, that foe will be dragged miles below the surface, never to return.
    Pokedex said:
    They paralyze prey with poison, then drag them down to their lairs, five miles below the surface.

...Oh. Maybe not that cute. *shivers*

Last edited:
    Back