• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] Making a NPC noticing the player

Years
  • Hi, how do I make an NPC notice me (using an exclamation point) without actually triggering a battle? I tried to copy and paste the script but it hasn't worked...

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Hi, how do I make an NPC notice me (using an exclamation point) without actually triggering a battle? I tried to copy and paste the script but it hasn't worked...
    get_character(x)
    x= Event Number
    x= 0 = Protagonist; x = 1 = Female Protagonist
    Spoiler:

And well, if you callin the event to "Trainer(3)" its will play the script:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2019
    Yeah, literally just calling the event "Trainer(#)" (# being the spaces away to notice), and it works just to get them to notice and move to you.

Years
  • I don't want him to be a trainer and I don't want him to move, he's like talking under a tree and than he notices the player

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • I don't want him to be a trainer and I don't want him to move, he's like talking under a tree and than he notices the player

So use the equal than i sent to you in my first print screen.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2019
    I don't want him to be a trainer and I don't want him to move, he's like talking under a tree and than he notices the player

Using "Trainer(#)" does not actually make them a trainer.

Its just a name the scripts use to identify when they want to use the notice player actions (oh, you also have to set the trigger to event touch)

It 100% in no way requires the event to be a trainer. It just means the event will be called that in name only.

EDIT: To clarify, a battle will only happen if you specifically put the code/comments to make a battle happen. For example, this event would result in exactly what you asked for with no battle happening.

kY71ojL.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2019
    Oh, so you didn't care about them noticing you like a trainer does. You just wanted the exclamation animation for part of the eventing.

Back