• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

customize rivals

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    About creating more than one rival, example, at the time of choosing my initial pokemon, will have 6 pokemon to choose the moment I choose a pokemon will appear 5 rivals and pick up the remaining pokemon, and depending on the pokemon I choose no rival To be able to have the same, I want to know how I do it.Sem título.png

Years
  • Use conditional branches to check which pokemon you picked and which pokemon your rivals will pick.

Ex)
    You pick pokemon n1 - set variable: Choosen pokemon to 1
    Conditional branch to see which pokemon you choose
    make Rival 1 pick a pokemon - set variable Rival 1 to pkmn you make him choose
    Conditional branch to check which pkmn the player and Rival 1 choose
    make RIval 2 pick another pokemon

Is that simple. If you want something more complex then you could use random variable for each rival to make rivals pick randoms pokemons after the player picked his pokemon. This way you would make players have different experiences, even if they pick the same pokemon over and over again. Beware that, if you do this, you will have A LOT of trouble in the long run. Because you will have to make teams for every Rival and for every one of 6 pokemons available making a total of 30 teams, this only at the start! It probably would make you crazy, even if it sounds like a nice idea, it isn't my thing to waste my time making that much of things.

I just made it by mind. But I guess you can have a general idea of what I tried to make here.

Last edited:
    Years
  • If you are just starting with essentials/RMXP, I sugest to make something more simple.

Start with 1 Rival, 5 rivals is just too much for a newcomer.
    Look at the Lab map and the rival event in map 3. There are basic events showing how to setup a rival there.

If you don't know anything about how RMXP works I suggest that you start a brand new project and work just with events. Thats how I started a few months ago. It's a good exercise and will make you more creative the more different thinks you make. I even made a calculator back then, when I was trying to learn how to use variables.

Good luck in your project, fell free to ask if you need any help.

Back