• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nuzlocke Permadeath

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Hello, I've made a plug-and-play script that enables a Nuzlocke-style permadeath mode to battles. Basically, when it's activated, any fainted Pokemon disappear immediately from the player's party, whether that's during battle or out in the field (due to poison). This is different from other Nuzlocke scripts in that it completely removes dead Pokemon from the player's party, rather than just marking them "dead" and making them impossible to heal. The script is fairly easy to use, and I've put the instructions at the top of the script itself.

Tested Versions: v18 (see bottom of post for v17.2 version)

Latest Script (edited October 28, 2020):
    v2.2: https://pastebin.com/2HEe20m5

Screenshots:
    Nuzlocke Permadeath

Nuzlocke Permadeath

Changelog:
    https://pastebin.com/DXSgQc8j

Legacy v17.2 Download:
    https://pastebin.com/HRP8evnz

If you notice any bugs, though, please don't hesitate to tell me! I want to make this as bug-free as possible. I hope you find this script useful!

Please credit: NettoHikari

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    The game has bugs during double battles when I caught a pokemon, it could be because of the Partner trainer too though

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Never mind, I was able to recreate the issue myself and fix the error. I've also fixed a few more errors and added a "soft" nuzlocke mode, where it transfers fainted Pokemon to storage instead of deleting them outright. The script has now been updated to v1.1!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Never mind, I was able to recreate the issue myself and fix the error. I've also fixed a few more errors and added a "soft" nuzlocke mode, where it transfers fainted Pokemon to storage instead of deleting them outright. The script has now been updated to v1.1!

Hello, first i want to apologize for this stupid question.
    How do i activate your script, you wrote "call "pbEnablePermadeath" at the start of your game", what does that mean? Do i have to create new event on the map which activates your script or?

Thank you and again i apologize, I am new to all this.

NoNoNever

Creator from Pokemon Illuison, Pokemon Arcadia, Po
    Years
  • Hello, first i want to apologize for this stupid question.
    How do i activate your script, you wrote "call "pbEnablePermadeath" at the start of your game", what does that mean? Do i have to create new event on the map which activates your script or?

Thank you and again i apologize, I am new to all this.

Attachments

• Nuzlocke Permadeath
      intro.png
      48.4 KB · Views: 24
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Oh, this is rather embarrassing... I claimed I had updated my script to v1.1 but forgot to update my pastebin links... I have no idea how this happened, but now the script is actually updated to v1.1!

To answer your question, NoNoNever, I have changed the code in my last update to this:
    Code:
    pbSetPermadeath(:NUZLOCKE)
    But yes, the place where you wrote the code in your intro event is the correct place.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    This script has been updated to support v18! All future versions will only support v18, however I've included the link to the v17.2 version (v1.1) at the bottom of the main post. Also, if you are updating this script from a past version, please READ the installation guide again - there are now 2 sections that you have to add to the Essentials scripts manually.

Back