• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] A Pokemon Story

Data

Crystal Chocobo
Years
  • Ok, guys. I'm new to this site, making my first post a good one, so here's the start of a little fan fiction I've been thinking of for a while, but just wrote. For those who are wondering, I haven't actually thought of a good name for the story, but after the next chapter, I'll be taking suggestions. Hope you like the introduction, cause if not, I might not post again. <.<

A Pokémon Story

Introduction: New Home

"Ugh… Never knew riding in the back of a moving truck would be so boring…"

Crossing the vast roads of the Sinnoh region, a moving truck and an SUV made tracks as they headed to Twinleaf Town. In the back of the truck was a young boy named Data. His hair was a dirty blonde and he had bright green eyes. He was garbed in a white long-sleeve shirt with a black t-shirt with a Pokéball on the back covering it, along with dark blue jeans and white tennis shoes. He's been on the road with his mother coming all the way from the polluted Orre region for 9 hours straight, not including the boat ride.

"Oh man… I can't wait to get to Twinleaf," Data said as he took a minimized Pokéball from his belt. "I heard from mom that this region's air is clean with barely any pollution. I bet it smells different than the air in Pyrite Town. If I had any friends back there, I might have had some second thoughts on moving."

Suddenly, a screeching could be heard outside as Data was nearly tipped over onto his side. He regained his balance and looked around. Some of the boxes were about to fall. Soon, the doors to the truck opened and a familiar face was seen past the bright sunlight.

"Alright, Data," the woman at the opening said. "We're here, so you can come out now.

As Data hopped out of the back, he gave the woman a hug.

"Hey, mom," Data said. He let go and looked around at the greenery around him and asked "Is this Twinleaf Town?"

"Yes it is, dear," the mother replied. "I told you the air quality here was much cleaner than back at Pyrite."

As if to see for himself, Data inhaled deeply through his nostrils, loudly exhaled through his mouth, and let a smile crease across his face.

"It IS cleaner here!" Data exclaimed happily. "I'm guessing this'll be good for my health, too."

Soon, the other moving trucks arrived, and Machoke after Machoke marched from the back of them into the empty house behind Data and his mother, boxes in hand. Men in overalls shouted commands at them while following.

"It'll be a while before we finish furnishing the house," the mother told Data. "Why don't you go explore while I make sure everything goes into place?"

Data nodded with glee and rushed down the street. His mother looked onwards with a comforting smile on her face.

Last edited:

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
  • Wow. I'm amazed. Your writing is eloquent. I can't wait for the rest. One thing though, in the beginning it said your characters name was Digit. The rest says Data.

Data

Crystal Chocobo
    Years
  • Alright. Here's the first chapter, where an unexpected friend is earned through the traditional means. Enjoy.
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Chapter 1: Go, Go, Digit!

After 5 minutes of walking around, gazing at the vast amount of trees in the area, he saw a young girl with a Miltank. The girl had long, smooth pink hair and neon green eyes hiding behind thin, small glasses. She was wearing a green shirt with a zigzag pattern on the front and a pink, wavy skirt. The Miltank seemed to be using Rollout against a stump.

"Come on!" the girl yelled. "You're timing's off! One more time! Use… hm?"

She glanced over to Data whom was watching them practice. Data realized that the girl was looking at him, but was to slow to react before she walked over.

"Hey there!" she greeted Data. "You're a new face around here. What's your name?"

"Oh. U-um… my n-name is… um… D-Data…" Data stuttered. His legs started to shake.

The girl giggled as she replied "There's no need to be shy, now. I'm Paige and this is my Miltank, Mooey." Mooey greeted Data with a moo. "So, Data, I noticed you have some Pokéballs on you. That must mean you're a Pokémon Trainer, then?"

At the sound of Paige saying "Pokémon Trainer", Data straightened up and his legs stopped quivering. "You're right. I am one," he confidently declared. "What does it matter to you?"

"Ooh, looks like we have ourselves a tough one!" Paige taunted. "Well, I'll have you know that I'm a Trainer, too!" Mooey clapped her hooves together.

Data grabbed a Pokéball from his belt as he said "How about a battle then? And to make things more even, I'll only use one Pokémon while you can use three!"

Paige flushed at the wager. "Ok, you're on! A one-on-three battle! My first Pokémon will be Mooey! Go get 'em!"

Mooey charged into the open area beside the two Trainers, letting out a courageous moo.

Data laughed. "You think that cow is going to beat me?! You're out of your mind! Let's rock! Go, go, Digit!!!"

He expanded his Pokéball and threw it at the opposite side of the field from Mooey. A bright flash blinded the vision of the three, but the light subsided and revealed a Porygon Z. It let out a cry and seemed to stretch. Paige stared at the Pokémon for a moment and then started to laugh.

"Ha ha ha! You think that… THING can stop my almighty Miltank? You're going against the toughest Trainer in Twinleaf! There's no way Paige the Pink can be defeated! Mooey! Use Rollout!"

Mooey curled into a tight ball and started to roll towards Digit at high speed. Digit, however, elegantly dodged. But the rolling sphere turned and rolled at even higher speeds at Data's Pokémon. Again Digit dodged by flipping over.

Data pumped his fist into the air. "Digit! Use Tri-Attack!"

As Mooey came rolling back, the tip of Digit's tail started to glow. Before Mooey pounded into Digit, the tail let out a spinning triangle of red, blue, and yellow. The rolling boulder was sent flying back and Mooey crashed to the ground, unable to move.

"Mooey! Come back!" Paige held out her Pokéball and sent Mooey back into it. She looked down at the ball and whispered "Nice job, Mooey. You did great." She put the Pokéball on her belt and took another one off of it. "This time, I'm making a comeback! Go, Wiggles!"

She threw her ball onto the field, and, after the flash, a Wigglytuff appeared. It stepped forward and looked Digit in the eyes.

Paige chuckled. "You may have beaten Mooey, but Wiggles is on a whole different scale! Wiggles! Use Hyper Voice!"

Wiggles leaned back as it inhaled deeply. It then sprang back up and emitted a voice so sharp, it forced Data to cover his ears. Digit, however, seemed unaffected by the high-frequency screech. It flowed sideways and flew behind Wiggles.

Data, still holding his ears, yelled over the noise "Digit! Tri-Attack!"

Digit held up his tail as it started to glow. Wiggles stopped its attack and turned around with a surprised expression. It was then blown back by the same expanding triangle as before. It skidded across the ground and stopped with a dazed look.

Paige held up her Pokéball and returned Wiggles to it. She then kissed it and whispered "There there, Wiggles. You did awesome." She then returned the ball to her belt and took a third from it. "Data," she said as she looked towards him. "You're really good. Barely anyone's been able to beat two of my Pokémon! I'm impressed… but your luck ends here!"

"I don't care what your last Pokémon is," Data replied. "I'm sure Digit and I can take it! Right, Digit?" Digit beeped with a courageous expression in its eyes.

Paige folded her hair back behind her ear as she exclaimed "This Pokémon always comes through in a pinch, and nobody's been able to beat her! Take the stage, Myth!"

She threw her Pokéball into the field, and a Clefable appeared in the flash. Her wings fluttered, sprinkling some sparkling dust into the air.

Data rubbed the back of his head, asking "How is that Clefable your best Pokémon? It doesn't really have any good moves… except… oh no!"

"Oh yes!" Paige thrust her fist into the air as she yelled "Myth! Use Metronome!"

Myth raised her hand and stuck her finger out. She started to wave it around as it started to glow. Suddenly, a white orb surrounded by a red trail from the finger started to form.

Data clenched his teeth. If that's what I think it is… Digit's in serious trouble if that hits! "Digit!" he yelled. "Watch out! She's about to use Focus Blast! Get your Tri-Attack ready!"

Digit beeped as its tail started to glow. Myth, however, was slightly faster as she swung her finger toward Digit and the white orb flew at it. Digit tried to fly over it, but Myth pointed her finger up and the orb followed. Digit barely dodged it, but with a slight movement of her fingers, the orb started to come back. It chased Digit, who tried to lose it by flying in complex directions.

Paige laughed as she said "It's over, Data! One wrong move and Digit's a goner!"

Dang it! Data thought to himself. Digit can't charge his Tri-Attack if he keeps running, but if he stops, that Focus Blast will do him in! There's got to be a way to avoid that attack and take out Myth at the same time… wait… that's it! Data stepped forward and yelled "Digit! Try to get that Focus Blast as close behind you as you can!"

Digit beeped with a confused look, but slowed down until the white orb was right behind him, then sped back up to regular speed.

Paige looked at Data with a puzzled expression. What's gotten into that kid? Is he giving up…?

"Now, Digit! Rush to Myth! I think you know what to do now!"

Digit nodded and flew up to Myth, who was concentrating on the orb. She looked surprised when Digit neared her, but right before it collided with her, he flew straight up. The orb that was right behind it rammed into the chest of Myth. Paige gasped with amazement as she watched her Clefable crash into a nearby tree, out of energy.

Data jumped into the air with a gleeful expression. Digit flew right into his arms as he exclaimed "We did it! We did it! Way to go, Digit! That was awesome!"

Paige rushed over to Myth and helped her sit up. "That was a great battle, Myth. You did spectacular." She held her pokeball up and returned Myth into it. As she got up, she walked over to Data and Digit whom were standing by, watching her approach. "Well I'll be. The new kid on the block actually beat me! Congratulations!" She held out her hand, but Data hesitated to respond. "What are you waiting for," she asked. "Put it there!"

He stood for a moment. Hmm… maybe this girl isn't so bad after all. I think she'll be a good friend. He then finally extended his arm and shook hands with Paige. Just then, he heard a call from the south.

"Dataaaa! It's time to come back!" It was the sound of his mother. Data returned Digit to its ball and put the ball on his belt. "I got to go. Hope we see each other again, Paige!" He then darted back to his new home, satisfied by how the whole day turned out.

... and there you go. My first time ever writing out a Pokémon battle. If you think it's good or bad, go ahead and post your feelings. I need all the criticism I can get. :P

Last edited:

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
  • Still amazing as before! I loved this chapter. Can't wait for the next one.

Data

Crystal Chocobo
    Years
  • Alright people, here's chapter 2. Data returns home and gains some advice from a close partner. It's a bit shorter than chapter 1, but I hope you like it.Enjoy.

Chapter 2: Wise Words

Data, after 5 minutes of running, made it back to his new home. He knew which house it was from the ornaments on the lawn he always used to play with as a child. He saw his mother standing in the doorway.

"There you are, Data," she calmly said. "The Machoke are done moving us in earlier than expected, so we can sleep in beds our first night here! How lucky!"
    Data nodded, and then let out a long yawn.

"Oh? Are you tired, Data?" his mother asked. "You must've had a long day. It's unlike you to stay out for an hour."

I've been out for… an HOUR?! Data started to shiver at the thought, but stopped soon after realizing how tired he was.

"You never were one to stay awake for a whole day," Her mother criticized. "But I guess that's because you didn't have anyone to play with back at Pyrite. Why don't you just go up to bed and I'll get dinner ready?"

Data just nodded as he walked up the stairs to his new bedroom. As he went up, he looked around. It was just like his old room in Pyrite. Even the computer was fully functional. But he was too tired to care so he walked over to the bed and laid upon the sheets. At least 10 minutes passed before a Pokéball on his belt opened on its own, releasing a Ninetales. The Ninetales walked over to the bed and sat. Data rolled over to his side and looked at the Pokémon.

"Greetings, young one," the Ninetales telepathically greeted Data.

"Hello, Kyukon. Hope you weren't bored in the ball for all this time." Data pat Kyukon on the head.

"I have found ways to entertain myself. But more importantly, I see you've made a new friend."

Data flushed. "Uh, I-I have no idea what you're talking about!"

Kyukon giggled. "Your face explains it all. I'm so proud you're moving forward in life. It's about time you trusted another person."

"Well, how can I not? She didn't try anything fishy when we battled, she was a good sport… she was so different than the bullies at Pyrite."

"Now, I wouldn't call them 'bullies'. They were more like… enviers."

"Well, whatever you call them, they were jealous that I was such a good Trainer, so they picked on me for what made me weak…"

Kyukon raised her paw onto the bed. "Listen, young one. I have lived half of a millennium, and I have learned much. One is that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Those enviers at Pyrite were trying to help you in a sense, preparing you for anything. But they have made you too cautious of other people. You need to go out and explore what other people are like, for no two beings are identical."

Data sat up and tilted his head. "What do you mean by explore?"

Kyukon sighed. "How do I put this…? Going on an adventure is… like buying a video game without looking at the reviews. Sometimes you'll be amazed with what you find at the end, sometimes you'll think about giving up halfway through due to the difficulty, and sometimes you'll curse the gods for having it end up being so horrible. But remember that what led you to journey along the unknown path was the lust of discovery. Basically, the more you explore, the more you learn, the wiser and stronger you become."

Data nodded. "OK, I think I understand. If I let people know me, they'll let me know about them in return, and I'll become more trusting?"

Kyukon nodded in response. "Exactly. Now that you have learned your first lesson in a new world, I urge you to get some sleep. You are about to pass out from exhaustion."

Data was about to reply, but he found his eyelids getting heavy. He fell back onto his pillow and started to sleep. Kyukon smiled, then returned herself to her Pokéball.

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
  • Hmm. Nice! But, how did the Pokeball open by itself? Funny siggy by the way.

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
    Years
  • "All fear the one that can 'kill' 'god'!"

Anyways, I like your style. Nice and short, daily chapters. Not like me, Mr. Once-a-week-chapter-guy. Speaking of which, no ones even corrected my grammar this week. >.>

Data

Crystal Chocobo
    Years
  • Pokefan345: I personally see that most people are forgetting that Ninetales are MAGICAL creatures that live for over a millennium. My logic dictates that if you were a pokemon that lived about 500 years, you would have found a way to open a pokeball by yourself... and thanks, I made that siggy. :3

KajVenator: Well, each chapter takes about 5 minutes to think up and 10 minutes to write, so yeah. Why NOT make this a "chapter-a-day" story? :P And I'll have to check your story tomorow.

That's it for replies, so I might as well drop the bomb that I have school... I know. Stinks, doesn't it? So don't be expecting a new chapter until next Saturday... or tomorrow... whichever works. :3

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
    Years
  • Pokefan345: I personally see that most people are forgetting that Ninetales are MAGICAL creatures that live for over a millennium. My logic dictates that if you were a pokemon that lived about 500 years, you would have found a way to open a pokeball by yourself... and thanks, I made that siggy. :3

KajVenator: Well, each chapter takes about 5 minutes to think up and 10 minutes to write, so yeah. Why NOT make this a "chapter-a-day" story? :P And I'll have to check your story tomorow.

That's it for replies, so I might as well drop the bomb that I have school... I know. Stinks, doesn't it? So don't be expecting a new chapter until next Saturday... or tomorrow... whichever works. :3

Lol, that's where I write best: School. Very boring when all we're doing is review in a senior class (HS).

Data

Crystal Chocobo
    Years
  • Alright guys. Sorry it took longer than expected. Homeworks a *MEEP*. Anyway, this chapter's about how Data meets a spooky new friend. But I want you to know that I wasn't feeling that well recently, so it might have affected my writing. Nonetheless, enjoy.

Chapter 3: Ghostly Shock

*BRIIIIIIING*

The alarm buzzed as the light of the rising sun fell onto Data's face. He started to stir,then rose from his pillow. Ugh… what time is it? he thought to himself. He looked at his clock, which indicated that it was 8:12 A.M. Huh… must have glonked out yesterday… Just then, his stomach started to grumble. … which means I missed out on dinner. Data turned his alarm off when his mother walked into the room. "Good morning, Data," she greeted her son. "I see that you're already up. You were passed out like a log when I called you for dinner." "Morning, mom," Data replied. As he got out of bed, he saw that a message was on his computer. His mother walked over and sighed. "Really, Data, how many times have I told you to turn off your computer before you go to bed? It wastes power and runs up our electricity bill!" Data scratched his head. Wait… but I never turned it on last night.

"Well, I'll go down and cook us some breakfast. This house has the newest appliances, so I can't wait to try everything out." She giggled as she closed the door behind her. As Data put on his shoes, a tune came from his computer. He walked over with a puzzled look on his face and opened the message that appeared to be hopping around the screen. OK, now this is freaky. My computer NEVER did that before! The message opened, and he started to read the contents.

Do you want to play with me?

Who would send a message like this?
    he wondered to himself. A moment later, the computer screen started to fade, revealing two eyes with large blue pupils and an eerie smile. Data backed up and screamed. His mother came shortly after. "Data! What's the matter?" she asked with a surprised look on her face. Data pointed at the computer, his hand shaking. "T-the c-c-computer's p-possessed!"

An eerie blue aura surrounded the computer, and something started to come out of the screen along with the face. Data's mother screamed out of fright. Finally, an orange object popped out of the screen, and the blue aura left the computer and enveloped it. Suddenly, it started to rise, and a strange cry came from the object before the same face as from the computer appeared on the front. Data fell to the ground, shivering from terror. "W-what is this thing?!" Suddenly, the door burst open and a Lickitung was standing in the door. Data looked at the Pokémon and thought What… what's that pink thing doing… wait… pink?! Just then, Paige ran into the room. "Paige!" Data cried out. She giggled. "Who else would it be? I came over as soon as I heard the screaming, but I had no idea this was your house. But enough of the small talk, what is THAT thing?" The orange object seemed to giggle as a dark purple blob formed overhead.

Data's mother backed up. "What's it doing now?" The object turned towards Data and the blob launched at him. Data was launched back into the wall. His mother gasped and Paige ran over to him. "Data!" she yelled. Data got to his knees and looked at the object, who seemed to be enjoying itself based on its facial expression. Paige tried to help him up. "Data! Are you OK?" He nodded and replied "I'm fine… but more importantly, I think I know what this thing is."

He then stood up and took a Pokéball from his belt. Paige looked dumbstruck. "Data, you can't be serious! What do you think THAT will accomplish?!" Data's mother looked confused. "What's going on? What's Data trying to do?" Data ignored the two and threw the ball in front of him. "Go, go, Kyukon!" The ball hit the ground and Kyukon appeared in the flash. She looked at the object, and it gazed back. Data took out an unused Pokéball and said "Kyukon! What can you tell me about this Pokémon?" Paige gasped as she looked at the object and then back at Data. "Data, what are you talking about? That's no Pokémon!" He quickly responded with "It has to be a Pokémon! That… thing used Shadow Ball!" His mother walked forward beside Paige. "Oh, you're right! It DID use that move!" Paige looked at her and asked "Wait, how do you know that?" She replied "We had an incident back in Pyrite Town, but Data can tell you more about that after this is over."

The strange Pokémon started to generate sparks as it started to glow. Data gasped. A ghost pokemon that conducts electricity? What IS this thing? "Kyukon! Watch out! It's using an electric attack!" But it was too late, as a bolt of electricity zapped Kyukon. But Kyukon withstood the attack. The Pokémon's grin quickly turned upside down as it backed up, realizing that its opponent was stronger than it. Data realized what it was trying to do. "The Pokémon's trying to go back into the computer! Use Hypnosis, Kyukon!"

Kyukon's eyes glowed a bright red and caught the Pokémon's attention. As it looked into Kyukon's hypnotic gaze, its eyelids grew heavy and it started to lower itself to the ground. Suddenly, its eyes shut and it fell asleep.

Alright! Now's my chance!
    "Pokéball go!" Data threw the Pokéball at the Pokémon and, as it made contact, the ball opened and trapped the sleeping pokemon. As it fell to the ground, the button at the center of the ball blinked rapidly as the ball rolled back and forth. Finally, a click was heard and the blinking stopped.

Data fell back on his bed and breathed a sigh of relief. Paige came up and hugged him as she cheered "Way to go, Data! That was awesome!" He started to freak out as his face turned a bright red. "W-what are you doing? Get off! I'm not used to this!" His mother walked over and giggled. "Well, I'm glad that's over with. But more importantly, looks like you have a new partner, Data!" Data remembered about the Pokémon and pushed Paige off. "Oh yeah. Kyukon. Do you know what that pokemon is?" Kyukon finished licking away the scorch marks from her fur and looked toward the Pokéball. "This pokemon has lived ever since lightning first struck the earth. It was born from the accumulated electricity that was generated during severe storms." Paige looked around, confused. "Are you guys hearing a voice, or is it just me?" Data chuckled. "That's right. You haven't seen Kyukon before the battle, so you don't know her power of telepathy." "You're kidding! I heard that some Ninetales have it, but I never thought that you were the Trainer of one!" "Well, now you know. Continue, Kyukon."

Kyukon nodded. "As I was saying, it used to travel with storm clouds, passing from one to another as they passed. But with the invention of electronics, it found that it could phase into such things as phones and computers, such as yours." Data's mother raised her hand. "But that Pokémon didn't just live in that computer. It completely possessed it!" "I can explain. Rotom… that's its name by the way… has the power to take over appliances and control them to its will. However, he does not have the power to completely posess them… that is, until a certain professor discovered it and the two became friends. This professor, seeing how much Rotom wanted to experience what it feels like to be its hosts, invented five unique household appliances: an oven, a fan, a lawn mower, a fridge, and a washing machine. What makes them different is a specialized motor that let Rotom enter the appliance and take full control of it."

Data was confused. "But if it had such a carefree life with this professor, why take over my computer?" "… this was 100 years ago…" Everyone in the room took on a sorrowful expression. "Eventually after inventing the appliances, the professor passed away. Rotom was struck hard by this death, and it left the lab, trying to relieve itself of its sorrow by pulling pranks on humans… but it seems that sorrow was never dissipated."
    Paige looked at the Pokéball, then back at Kyukon. "What happened to the appliances, then? If we found one of them, maybe that could cheer it up." "Nobody knows, young one. Some say that they stopped working when the professor died. Others say that they were buried in the collapse of the lab some 50 years ago. They're lost, and we must accept that." There was an eerie silence in the room, then both Data and his mother rose their heads in unison, along with simultaneously claiming "The antique fridge!" Data got up and grabbed the Pokéball. Then he and his mother ran to the door and downstairs. Paige and Kyukon barely reacted fast enough to get up and follow them. The group ran all the way to a set of stairs behind the kitchen, then down them and into the basement. They stopped in front of an old red fridge with a large motor at the back of it. Everyone stared at it.

"What is this?" Paige asked? Data walked up to it and replied "This is an old portable refrigerator that runs on generator power… at least, that's what we were told, but I'm beginning to think that it has a different use." Paige had a perplexed expression, but Kyukon walked up and smiled. "Ahh. I see what you are trying to say. This cleaner air must have made you wiser, young one." Data held up the Pokéball as he said "I'll take that as a compliment. Now, come on out, Rotom!" He opened the ball and Rotom appeared in the flash. It looked around, dazed, but it was astonished to find Data behind it. "Don't worry," Data told it. "I'm not going to hurt you. I'm just here to show you something. Look behind you." Rotom, with a bewildered face, turned around, but the frown turned back into a giant smile as it saw the fridge. It floated over to the motor, and then faded into it. A moment passed, and then the motor started to whir. The fridge was then surrounded by the same aura that was around Rotom, only purple in color. The red paint on it faded to orange, and Rotom's familiar eyes appeared. A moment passed, and the fridge started to barely hover above the ground and floated around the basement. It stopped and let out a cry, seeming to be estatic with its new body.

Data walked up to Rotom and held out his hand. "Glad to see you happy, buddy." Rotom stared at the hand, then extended its plasma-like limb and grabbed it. Data's hair stuck out straight from the static on Rotom. Everyone began to laugh, but that was soon ended by the sound of growling stomachs. Data held his stomach, remembering that he had not ate yet. "I forgot. We were so focused on Rotom that I didn't even have breakfast yet." Paige blushed as she replied "You're not the only one. I had to skip out on my morning waffles to come and help…" Data's mother walked up and clapped her hands. "Then it's settled! Luckily, since I made some extra pancakes, we're all eating here! Let's go upstairs and dig in!" Paige cheered and was the first upstairs, followed by Data's mother.

Data stayed behind with Rotom. "You know what you need, Rotom?" he asked. Rotom seemed to be confused by the question. "You need a nickname. I'm thinking… Fridgey. What do you think?" Rotom thought for a minute, then seemingly agreed. "That's it then. Welcome to the team, Fridgey." Rotom let out a cry as he opened and closed its doors. Data held out his Pokéball and returned Fridgey to it. His mother then called from upstairs "Data! We're waiting for you! You don't want to make two ladies wait, now do you?" Data just smiled as he walked up the steps, happy with how the morning ended up, no matter how hectic it was.

... 10 cookies to anyone who explains WHY I put Rotom in this story instead of just moving on to a more interesting plot.

Data

Crystal Chocobo
    Years
  • Awesome Rotom scene! I wasn't really into the first few chapters because they seemed too canon. But other than that I like your writing style. I also enjoy the bit with the Ninetales talking telepathically.
    Thank you, I have no idea what the word "canon" means except when used in "Highlander", thank you, and thank you. :3

Btw. Can YOU guess what Rotom is doing in this fanfic? :O

Data

Crystal Chocobo
    Years
  • Alright people. I'm skipping today on purpose, but to make up for it, along with chapter 4, I'm posting a 3-part chapter (that's right! I said 3!!!). Spoiler about the next chapter is for only those that WANT a clue on what it's going to be like.
    Spoiler:

Data

Crystal Chocobo
    Years
  • Alright, people. Here is chapter 4. This is about how two people keep in touch. Enjoy.

Chapter 4: A Distanced Love

Paige ran out of the front door and turned around. "Data, if you don't hurry up, I'm leaving you behind!" Data walked out a minute after with Fridgey's Pokéball in one hand and a bag of TMs in the other. Paige looked at the bag and asked "What's with the TMs? Were you teaching your Pokémon some new moves?" Data put the ball on his belt. "Not really," he replied. "I'm just going to sell these if we pass by. Apparently, I got some more last night and my mom forgot to tell me until a few minutes ago." "Really? Who sent them?" Data sighed as he claimed "Same person as always: my step-dad."

Paige walked over beside him and took a random TM out of his bag. Data tried to stop her while saying "Hey! I really don't think-!" She freaked out when he saw the move the TM taught. "Your step-dad sent you a Hyper Beam TM?! How did he get this?! This is extremely expensive!" Data pinched the skin between his eyes, then replied "It's his job to make these things. Normally, TMs can only be used once when bought, but when they're made, they can actually be used two times. The first use is to test if it's faulty or not. If it isn't, they get shipped out. But if they are, they're put in the disposal bin. My step, being a recycler, takes them out and fixes them up. Then he tests them, and if they work, he sends them to me."

Paige was astonished with the story. "So he spends day after day fixing the faulty ones for you? That's so cool! I wish MY dad had a job like that!" Data chuckled as he said "Well, if he did, I doubt you'd get to see him if there isn't a production plant in the town you live in." "What do you mean?" she asked. "Well… I guess I can tell you. When we lived in Pyrite, we barely had any money before he had the job he has now. We lived in one of the poor neighborhoods and we barely made enough money to pay the bills, let alone get food." Paige suddenly became silent and looked down. "Mom was working at the nearby market at low wage. My step-dad, however, was jobless, but incredibly smart. He took the most unrelated trash he found out in the street and made either works of art or amazing toys. He then sold them in the market along with my mom. That's how we got the bulk of our bills out of the way. One day, a man in a business suit came by the market and saw my dad selling his merchandise. He walked over and asked if he made that stuff. My step-dad said yes, and the man offered him a job making TMs and make double the money he usually makes in a month every week. How could he refuse? He'd be able to fiddle with machines and give his family more than enough money to live. Before he could accept though, the man told him that the production plant was in the Almia region, so that made my step-dad have second thoughts. He had one day to give his answer before the man left back to Almia. When he came home, he told us what happened and my mom told him to go. I didn't realize that I'd never see him for a long time, so I agreed with mom. The next day, he left for his new job with the man, who gave my mom about 5,000 Pokédollars as an apology for taking her husband. After that, we moved into a two story house in the middle district. Ever since then, my step-dad's been in Almia, putting a cut of his money from every payday into our bank account, and we lived in that house for 6 years." Paige looked up and said "Wow… I never knew you had to go through stuff like that… I'm sorry you lost your step-dad like that." Data shook his head and replied "It's fine. I don't really mind. I'm glad that he got a job doing what he loves, and he always writes to me along with the TMs, so I never really lost him at all. It's just a distanced love, you could say."

Data

Crystal Chocobo
    Years
  • And don't think that's the end of it. I promised a 3-part, but I might as well make it a 4-PART!!! This is where Data's future rival enters stage right.

Chapter 5 Part 1: "King" of Twinleaf

Paige and Data strolled down the street, almost into town, when a boy with blond hair and a red cape walked in front of them. "Halt," he commanded. The two stopped walking. "May I ask what you are doing with my future queen, peasant?" Data took on a perplexed expression. "Who is this guy?" he asked Paige. "And what does he mean by 'future queen'?" Paige sighed, but before she could reply, the strange boy laughed loudly and said "I do not believe you know who I am if you ask that question. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Cameron Kurlige Yulands, King of Twinleaf Town." Paige stepped forward. "Now that he's done with his fantasy announcement," Paige commented, "Let me give you the REAL introduction. This is Cameron Yulands, but everyone calls him CKY. He has this illusion of where he's the best Trainer in Twinleaf, but, in actuality, he doesn't know his place." CKY chuckled. "Well, no matter what you think of me doesn't change the fact that I'm King. Now, peasant, I see you have some TMs on you. May I ask how you have a hold of them?"

Data held up his bag and replied "I got these from my step-dad. He works at a TM production plant in Almia. I was just going to sell them to the first Pokémart we walked by." CKY rubbed his chin, then grabbed a wallet from his pocket and took out 2,000 Pokédollars. "How about I save you the trip and let me take those off of your hands? It's clear you have no real use for these." Data shrugged and handed him the bag while taking the money. But when CKY grabbed the bag, something on Data's belt caught his eye. "I say… that device… is that a MM?" Data looked at the machine on his belt and replied "What? This old thing? My step-dad told me that this was a faulty prototype that he fixed up. Apparently, when it's completed, you can download any TM that exists to it and use it once on a Pokémon, but his boss allows him to trade a payday for one use of every TM once a month." A glint appeared in CKY's eye as he commanded "A peasant is unworthy of being in possession of such a device! Your king commands you to give me that MM!"

Data was dumbfounded by this rude kid, but before he could say anything, Paige yelled "No way is he going to give it to you! This was a present from his step-dad who he never gets to see! And on top of that, you're in no position to get anything you want! As the best Pokémon Trainer, I'm telling you to shut up and go away!" CKY chuckled, then let out a long laughter. "Ha ha! Paige, you silly girl. As my future queen, you should realize that I am far superior to you in the field of Pokémon battling. You have yet to beat me!" Paige started fuming. "At least I don't PAY others to do my dirty work!" "No matter who does it, the one with the stronger Pokémon wins. There's no denying that."

CKY started to laugh loudly. Paige started to clench her teeth and growl, but Data decided to step forward finally. CKY stopped laughing and looked at him, whose hands were rolled into fists. "… I don't care if you are a king…" he quietly, yet angrily said. Paige looked at Data with a surprised look. "… I don't care if you're a freaking GOD! NOBODY questions the use of ANY Pokémon!!!" He looked up as he continued "I challenge you to a Pokémon battle, so prepared to be dethroned!" CKY couldn't help but find amusement in Data's anger. "Ha ha! Aren't you scary? But no matter how much rage you unleash, NO peasant can defeat me and my Pokémon!" Data grabbed a Pokéball from his belt. "Fine! I'll battle you the same way I battled Paige! Three battles with me only using one Pokémon! If you win, you can have the MM, but if I win, you give up your crazy fantasy and give your pokemon to whoever trained them!" Paige was dumbfounded by this wager. "Data!" She yelled. "You can't be serious! There's a reason that he's able to beat me with overkill!" CKY raised his finger at her. "Silence, my queen! I accept these terms, and you shall be sorry for even defying me when I have that MM!" He then turned around and walked toward a mansion to the right of the road. "Follow me and we shall battle on MY field! Do not make royalty wait, now. Heh heh." Data started to walk after him, but Paige grabbed his shoulder and stopped him. "Data. I'm telling you… for your own good… don't go through with this! People who lose to him don't come off that field the same way they walk onto it! I should know… Just don't do it!" Tears started to gather up in her eyes as she pleaded Data not to follow. Data shrugged her off as he replied "I have to. I don't care what anyone says, but this psycho's fantasy has to end. I'm sorry if I do lose and turn out to be completely different, but I can't just let this guy get away with saying things like that… This isn't about redeeming my dignity or ending his mad illusion of being on top… no, this battle is about something far more personal." He just walked off, leaving Paige in the middle of the street, her cheeks stained with the sadness of someone important possibly being lost forever…

Data

Crystal Chocobo
    Years
  • Now for Part 2. This is the battle that Data holds high stakes in, but some of them aren't known by the others.

Chapter 5 Part 2: High-Stake Battle

Data found himself on one side of a clay battlefield, staring down CKY whom stood on the opposite end. "Rember," CKY called out to Data. "If I win, I shall be taking your MM, but there is something you shall lose that is automatically taken upon your defeat." Data yelled back "And what would that be, CKY?" "It is what every man holds dear to them. It is what they cannot live without. It is… your honor. No matter how high and mighty you find yourself to be, without your honor, you shall just be a sad excuse of a trainer." "Sure. Now choose your Pokémon!" CKY chuckled. "My, my. Aren't we ready for our demise, hm? Very well. My first pokemon will be… Alakazam! Go!"

He threw a Pokéball into the field, and an Alakazam appeared in the flash. It held out its spoons, one in each hand, ready to battle. Data looked at the Pokéball in his hand. (Don't fail me now…) "My turn! Go go Digit!" He tossed the ball into the field in front of Alakazam. Digit appeared in the flash, seemingly ready to battle. CKY couldn't help but laugh. "It suits a weak trainer to have a weak Pokémon. Now let's start! Use Psychic, Alakazam!" Alakazam's two spoons folded down. Suddenly, trees and rocks were pulled from the ground and launched at Digit. Digit managed to fly past the first few incoming trees, but a rock pegged it from behind. It fell to the ground, but before a boulder could land on top of it, it recovered and flew back. "Digit! Don't let this guy get away with calling you weak! Use Dark Pulse!" Digit nodded, and a dark aura surrounded it. CKY clenched his teeth. "Don't just stand there, Alakazam! Crush him and end this battle!" Trees and boulders came from every side of Digit. But right before they crushed the Pokémon, its dark aura expanded and held back the debris. It then spread out and hit Alakazam directly, sending it onto the ground with a dazed look.

Data jumped with joy. "Way to go, Digit! One down, two to go!" CKY returned Alakazam to his ball as he angrily said "Don't rejoice just yet. I used my weakest Pokémon just to test your abilities. Nobody has survived this next one and neither will you! Go, Dragonite!" CKY sent his second ball out and a Dragonite appeared in the flash. He let out a mighty roar as his wings unfurled and lifted him off of the ground. Digit stood in place, anticipating the next attack. Data looked at the Dragonite, then back at Digit. (Since Dragonite's a dragon pokemon, knowing CKY, it probably knows Draco Meteor, and I bet that Digit is thinking the same thing.) "Digit!" he yelled. "You know what to do!" Digit nodded. CKY stepped forward as he commanded "It it time to smite those who oppose my rule! Rain down punishment on the defiant with Draco Meteor, Dragonite!" (Bingo.) Dragonite raised his claws into the air and a dark, swirling vortex formed overhead. Meteorites with yellow tails phased through it and shot into the ground below. Digit gracefully flew between and around each one that came close to it. It then instinctively started to rush upwards to Dragonite. Dragonite was dumbfounded to find that Digit managed to survive the meteorites and fly into the blind spot of the devastating attack. "Digit!" Data called out. "Use Ice Beam!" The tip of Digit's nose-like appendage glowed brightly as frost started to accumilate into an orb of energy. The orb then unleashed a beam of freezing ice, hitting Dragonite straight in the chest and sending him down to the ground. Dragonite lay there with a dazed look.

Data chuckled as Digit returned to its side of the field. "Heh. Two down, one to go. You ready to lose, CKY?" CKY started to stomp on the ground in a fit of rage. "Ugh! That does it! This calls for drastic measures!" He grabbed his last four Pokéballs and threw them into the field. "Go, my elite Pokémon! Make this imputent brat squirm!!!" As each one hit the ground, four Pokémon appeared in the flashes: an Exploud, a Raichu, an Aerodactyl, and a Weezing. Data stepped back and yelled "Hey! This isn't fair! You can't send out four Pokémon at once!" CKY laughed. "I find this quite in the bounds of our agreement. This is the last of three battles, but you never declared how many Pokémon I can use in it! Now go, my servants! Destroy that Porygon Z!" The four pokemon rushed toward Digit with great speed. Digit barely flew out of the way into the air, but Aerodactyl rose with it and knocked it back to the ground with Steel Wing. It crashed to the ground, but as it rose, Raichu used Agility and rammed into it. Digit flew back and fell in front of Exploud who used Hyper Voice and sent it flying into a boulder that fell in the field after Alakazam's Psychic. As it tried to squirm away, Weezing hovered up and used Rock Tomb, blocking its exits. The four Pokémon walked up to the weak Digit, whose fate seemed very ill.

[FONT=&quot]CKY laughed loudly as he said "How does it feel, Data? How does it feel to see your Pokémon beaten to a pulp and know you can't do anything to help? It hurts, doesn't it? Ha ha!" Data cringed his teeth. (Digit… I'm sorry… I thought that I could show him that he was wrong… wrong about you… wrong about Pokémon… forgive me…) "But let's not let the poor thing suffer. Everyone! Take your positions and unleash a four-way Hyper Beam!!!" The four Pokémon opened their mouths and a bright orb of light started to form in each. Data looked at the sight with misty eyes as he developed second thoughts about how he had lived his life. Suddenly, each orb fired a beam, and the battle seemed to be over…
    [/FONT]

Back