• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2010
Does anyone know the XSE script commands to play music when you talk to someone (like the gym leaders) in FireRed? A brief explanation or link to a tutorial would be great; I can't find one anywhere.

Also, does anyone know how to change the battle backgrounds in Advance Map for FireRed? I was pretty sure it was under the "header" tab, but when I changed it, it was still the plain white background. Could the fact that I used the link cable maps be a problem?

Thanks so much in advance.
Just bumping my previous questions...

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I'm trying to upload a patch for my first beta of my hack, Pokemon the Tempest, but apparently, pokecommunity won't let you upload APS files which is what HackMew's A-Ptch generates. How do I get and .ips patch so I can upload my beta?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I'm trying to upload a patch for my first beta of my hack, Pokemon the Tempest, but apparently, pokecommunity won't let you upload APS files which is what HackMew's A-Ptch generates. How do I get and .ips patch so I can upload my beta?

You could .zip the .APS patch and then upload it.

Maco

learning the ropes...
Years
Does anyone know the XSE script commands to play music when you talk to someone (like the gym leaders) in FireRed? A brief explanation or link to a tutorial would be great; I can't find one anywhere.

There's a guide in the help file of XSE itself.

Click 'Help', 'Guide', then find the 'Practical Classroom' section. At the bottom of 'Dialogs' is a brief guide on music scripting.

Stash23

Interested In Hacking; Noob Lv
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Hey, all.

I have an issue when making a new map. I'm keen to inserting, replacing and tiling the map. That's all good with me. So I'll put you in my position so you can understand where I would need help at.

I highlight Mt. Moon, create new map, insert it into an empty map SLOT. (So for FireRed, Bank 1, Map Slot 123. I manually create a new map slot.) After I assemble my new cave map and added movement permissions (C's and 1's), I added the warp points. No scripts are implemented. It has environment setups; regular cave, regular weather, Tanoby Ruins music.

Well, when I run the game, I can enter the cave from the outside (and here comes the problems) but trying to exit from inside won't allow me. I ID'ed the warp point from the cave exit Unknown 3 however still no luck. Also, it being a cave, I'd assume I can run within it, I cannot. Nor would it let me pull out the bike. I get the message from Oak saying I can't use it.

So I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing. I've tried many things thinking that the program had to have things done specifically.
...I don't know what else there could be.

Thanks.

Stash23

Interested In Hacking; Noob Lv
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
There is an identical tile that has a "Warp" command, where if you put a warp on it, and step on the tile, there will be a downwards-pointing arrow that will enable the warp to work properly. That's the tile to use on the warp.

I'm using tilesets 0 and 15, btw. I just looked through the tilesets... I don't see any other identical tile.

Midori

Deep Sea Tentacruel
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 19, 2010
Does anybody know the size a learned moveset table needs to be to store 14 moves? I need to know the size to input in FSF to find the space to write and repoint my fakemon move table to.

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
What I'd like to know is, how can I change what music plays during a battle? I've analyzed both the scrips and trainer data, and cannot determine what indicates the battle music to be played (normal battle, gym leader battle, etc). I'd greatly appreciate if someone could explain to me how to edit this.

Midori

Deep Sea Tentacruel
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 19, 2010
Does anybody know the minimum space taken up by a move table, and how much each move afterwards takes up in bytes?

Dark Palkia

Learning English xB
Years
Hi guys, this is my first time here and also the first time I try to hack a pokemon ruby file...

How do you edit the Pokenav data? The map, the text wich displays on each tile of the map, the trainer calls data, the contests...?

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
most of that i don't think is possible except changing the map. i think there was a tutorial in the documents and tutorials section.

now, i have a really big problem with emerald. i open it in a-map, and the tiles look all glitchy. then, it crashes

PeregrineFig

Years
Hi guys, this is my first time here and also the first time I try to hack a pokemon ruby file...

How do you edit the Pokenav data? The map, the text wich displays on each tile of the map, the trainer calls data, the contests...?

You'd need more extensive hacking skills to edit the trainer eyes thingy and the contest info, but you can hack the map with unLZ and the map tiles with AdvanceMap. There are tutorials floating around for world map hacking.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2010
I can't seem to find much information on this... but so far most of the hacks I've tried don't have netplay. Or if they do, I'm not finding them? I'm looking for a hack that my friend and I can play, eventually build a team and go battle eachother at the bottom of a pokemon center. Do most hacks take this out, or...?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
I can't seem to find much information on this... but so far most of the hacks I've tried don't have netplay. Or if they do, I'm not finding them? I'm looking for a hack that my friend and I can play, eventually build a team and go battle eachother at the bottom of a pokemon center. Do most hacks take this out, or...?

VBALink. Google it. I'm not sure if I can link to it.

PeregrineFig

Years
It shouldn't be terribly difficult to make a Pokeball event give you the Pokemon. Just make the pokeball on the map, and write your script something like this: (written in XSE format here)

Spoiler:

If you use that script, make sure to set the flag used as the person ID of the pokeball event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back