• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Editing an existing ROM hack

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    So basically, there's a single thing I'd like to change in pokemon emerald kaizo, the creator made it so that you can't use any items at all while in a battle, and all the NPCs can't use them either.

Is it possible to make it so that you can use items in battle, but only heals and status heals, and the same for NPCs? Since I think it would require more strategizing that way

Years
  • Do you mean how can you add in-battle items or if is it ok to modify that romhack? In either case, you should ask SinisterHoodedFigure if he gives you permission to do so, if not, take it down. Now, if he gives you permission to do it, I think you have to find the in-battle items use offset which should probably be off. Unfortunately I don't know where it is or how to activate it but I think you have an idea of what to do.​

Back