• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Feature Question] Trainer Not Using Custom Move

Years
  • Hey guys. I'm new to the Pokemon Essentials scene.

I'm having an issue with my game. For some reason, my trainers refuse to use the new move I implemented into the game. They just end up using "Struggle" instead.

I know the move works because I have been able to use it myself. I was able to teach it to my Pokemon and everything. Does anybody know why the trainer wasn't able to use it?

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    Huh, I haven't seen this problem before. Are you sure you put the move on the trainer's Pokemon?
    Usually if a move is incorrectly coded you get an error, and it will either skip their turn, get stuck in a loop, or crash. I've never seen it just act like the move doesn't exist.
    Did you set up the move in your PBS with the correct amount of pp? If you haven't set up a dedicated test trainer and put it on a Pokemon with no item or other moves and see if the problem persists.

Years
  • Huh, I haven't seen this problem before. Are you sure you put the move on the trainer's Pokemon?
    Usually if a move is incorrectly coded you get an error, and it will either skip their turn, get stuck in a loop, or crash. I've never seen it just act like the move doesn't exist.
    Did you set up the move in your PBS with the correct amount of pp? If you haven't set up a dedicated test trainer and put it on a Pokemon with no item or other moves and see if the problem persists.

I'm definitely sure it's on the Pokemon. I changed all of the Pokemon's moves and it was able to use them all no problem, except for my custom one. However, I know my custom one is in the game because I've taught it to my Pokemon and used it myself. The PP and everything is fine as well.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    What does the move do, if you don't mind telling? Can we also see a screenshot of the trainer and move PBS?
    Also, what version are you using and do you have any plugins that effect moves/battle mechanics?

Years
  • What does the move do, if you don't mind telling? Can we also see a screenshot of the trainer and move PBS?
    Also, what version are you using and do you have any plugins that effect moves/battle mechanics?

I ended up just deleting the whole thing. It was 17.2, but now I have 19.1.
    Thank you guys for your help, but I'm just gonna start over with that.

Back