• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Update Mega Evolution

Years
Hi, I just updated my Essentials into v17, and I've noticed that the Pok?mon forms scripts (as well as mega evolution) have been changing. Now, you have to set up a Mega Evolution by coding it in the file 'pokemonforms.txt'. But, as I can see, the old mega evolutions (coded in the 'MultipleForms' module in v16) aren't in this file.

My question is then, are the mega evolutions programmed anywhere? If not so, is there a way to pass from v16 to v17?

Thanks in advance!

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
There's a script section for megas (and primal forms). The scripts there check pokemonforms.txt to see whether the pok?mon has a mega, then check the battler to see if it has the right item (defined in pokemonforms.txt) whether it is mega, and define making the pok?mon mega and unmega. All of these come into play in the battle scripts where mega evolution is actually triggered. I may be missing some content, but these are the main mega evolution scripts (you can do a more exhaustive search with the CTRL+SHIFT+F function). However, other than primal forms, which activate on entering battle if the pok?mon has the correct item, the specific megas are not defined in the script itself, just in pokemonforms.txt.

Last edited:
Years
There's a script section for megas (and primal forms). The scripts there check pokemonforms.txt to see whether the pok?mon has a mega, then check the battler to see if it has the right item (defined in pokemonforms.txt) whether it is mega, and define making the pok?mon mega and unmega. All of these come into play in the battle scripts where mega evolution is actually triggered. I may be missing some content, but these are the main mega evolution scripts (you can do a more exhaustive search with the CTRL+SHIFT+F function). However, other than primal forms, which activate on entering battle if the pok?mon has the correct item, the specific megas are not defined in the script itself, just in pokemonforms.txt.
Yes, that's alright, but as I can see, the mega evolution programmed in version 16 of Essentials aren't programmed in the 'pokemonforms.txt' file. So, how can I find them or update them from version 16 into 17.

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
Yes, that's alright, but as I can see, the mega evolution programmed in version 16 of Essentials aren't programmed in the 'pokemonforms.txt' file. So, how can I find them or update them from version 16 into 17.
I haven't used v16, so I don't really have a reference for what you're asking. However, if there's a specific mega evolution you want to include, just add it to pokemonforms.txt. Just make sure you include all the relevant info like mega stone, form name, new base stats and ability and new height and weight.
With a little digging, you could probably find a version of that PBS file with all the official mega evolutions already added, but it's not that much work to do it yourself either.

EDIT:
This thread may have what you're looking for: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9917756

Last edited:
Years
I haven't used v16, so I don't really have a reference for what you're asking. However, if there's a specific mega evolution you want to include, just add it to pokemonforms.txt. Just make sure you include all the relevant info like mega stone, form name, new base stats and ability and new height and weight.
With a little digging, you could probably find a version of that PBS file with all the official mega evolutions already added, but it's not that much work to do it yourself either.

EDIT:
This thread may have what you're looking for: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9917756
Thank you so much! That's what I needed.

Reactions: Poq
Back