• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Feature Question] Help with Abilities that change Physical moves to Special

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Anyone know how to do this?

I want to create two new abilities, one that changes physical attacks to special, and another that changes punching moves specifically to special, and boosts them by 33%

Any help is appreciated :]

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I guess a good place to start is looking at how Iron Fist is able to boost punching moves' damage, and how moves like Psyshock and Secret Sword are able to be special but deal physical damage (obviously you want the reverse, but at least it should give you some pointers).

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I guess a good place to start is looking at how Iron Fist is able to boost punching moves' damage, and how moves like Psyshock and Secret Sword are able to be special but deal physical damage (obviously you want the reverse, but at least it should give you some pointers).

I looked for psyshock's script but it just says that it's handled in superclass def pbCalcDamage

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Okay, so look there? Find the part of pbCalcDamage that chooses whether the move should be physical or special, and check for abilities at that point in the code?

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Okay, so look there? Find the part of pbCalcDamage that chooses whether the move should be physical or special, and check for abilities at that point in the code?

I know it's been almost a month haha, but I haven't been having any luck with this. The closest thing that's already existing is psychock, but it doesn't actually change the special move to physical, it just uses the opponent's defense. I don't know how I would make it so physical moves use the Pokemon's Special Attack stat.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hm. This post on RC apparently has a one-line implementation of an ability that makes all moves special (it's the second block of code).

Last edited:
    Back